This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Tips on Hiring an Accountant
What can an accountant do for you?
- Help track and record expenses
- Save money
- Prevent revenue loss
Steps to Finding an Accountant
- Do a careful search for prospects
- Verify your prospect's credentials
- Be sure to check references
- Are you comfortable with the person?
- Availability and access– how hard is it to make an appointment?
- Is the accountant an authorized U.S. resident with no criminal background?
- What is the level of health care experience with regard to accounting?
What services do accountants offer?
someone that is self-trained. Be sure the accountant you hire meets your needs, including noting what other management services are offered (i.e., estate planning,
retirement planning, investment counseling, enterprise analysis, etc.).
A few questions to ask:
- Does the accountant carry business insurance?
- Has he/she ever been through an audit?
- What is the fee and billing procedure (i.e., commission, hourly etc.)?
- What can the accountant offer you for the fee?
- Are records management aids offered?
- How will the accountant work with your current systems?
- What type of reports will be generated? Who will generate the reports– your staff or the accountant's staff?
- Does the accountant offer a HIPAA Business Partner Agreement?