This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Academy Invites Members to Apply for AAFP Vaccine Science Fellowship
By News Staff
According to the fellowship program Web page, selected fellows will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and practical experience through participation in meetings of leading experts in public health and immunizations, federal and state vaccine policy groups, and vaccine manufacturers.
These FP vaccine experts eventually will help the Academy provide effective input into the deliberations and decisions of federal and state public health agencies that set vaccine policy. They also will serve to educate practicing family physicians about vaccine advances.
The program is open to applicants who
- are Active members of the AAFP, in practice or teaching, and out of residency and fellowship;
- are U.S. citizens;
- submit a curriculum vitae (CV), letter of interest and a conflict of interest form;
- agree to devote about 10 percent of their full-time equivalent (FTE) workload during the fellowship term;
- provide a letter from their institution, practice and/or department chair agreeing to commit 10 percent FTE protected time for the applicant to complete the fellowship; and
- commit to travel time and note that they need to attend one of three Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices meetings that will be held in Atlanta before the end of the fellowship.
Qualified applicants may submit their CV and letter of interest via e-mail to Bellinda Schoof, M.H.A., C.P.H.Q., and complete a conflict-of-interest form online.
Applications will be reviewed and awardees selected by an independent review committee. The awardees will be notified via e-mail by March 25.
Vaccine Fellowship Presents Tremendous Opportunity
Apply to Become an AAFP Vaccine Science Fellow