This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Online Guide Spotlights Academy Resources, Benefits for New FPs, Other Members
By Barbara Bein
The new guide also describes the AAFP's wide array of membership benefits, including
- My Academy -- members' personal Web portal on the Academy's website from which they can manage their CME, register for a course, pay dues or even build their practice website;
- American Family Physician -- the AAFP's highly respected clinical journal;
- Family Practice Management -- a management journal that focuses on family medicine practice needs;
- AAFP News Now -- the Academy's online news publication; and
- FamilyDoctor.org -- the AAFP's consumer/patient education website.
New physicians will be especially interested to learn about "Experience the AAFP," a program that offers discounts and information targeted to physicians in their first seven years of practice.
Students and residents will find information about career services -- including CareerLink, an employment search engine dedicated to family physicians and employers seeking candidates for clinical and faculty positions -- and about making career, practice and contract decisions.
Other sections of the guide discuss the AAFP's advocacy activities, as well as the many leadership opportunities the Academy offers.
"The nice thing about the guide is that it provides incredible resources within the AAFP to assist members in getting started and throughout their careers," said AAFP Member Relations Strategist Callie Castro. "It's not just about the AAFP and what we do, it's about how members can best succeed in their careers."