This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Live Streaming of AAFP COD Sessions Allows All Members to Watch AAFP Delegates Set Policy
By News Staff
After investigating several options, the AAFP determined that live streaming the Congress business sessions, as well as elements of the Assembly Opening Session, would be feasible. Thus, the Academy is live streaming:
- COD - Session 1 -- 7:30-9:45 a.m. EDT on Monday, Sept. 12. This session will include reports of the officers and commissions and introduction of late resolutions.
- COD - Session 2 -- 9-11:30 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, Sept. 13. This session will include remarks from guests and the Director Candidates' Forum, during which candidates for AAFP Director will address the delegates, as well as a question-and-answer session with those candidates.
- COD - Session 3 -- 1-2:30 p.m. EDT and 2:45-5 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, Sept. 13. This session will include award presentations, a Candidates' Forum for AAFP officer candidates and a report from the Reference Committee on Organization and Finance. The second part of this session will include reports from the Reference Committees on Advocacy, Practice Enhancement, Health of the Public and Science, and Education.
- COD - Session 4 -- 9 a.m.-noon EDT on Wednesday, Sept. 14. This session will include award presentations, guest remarks, installation of the new AAFP President Glen Stream, M.D., M.B.I., and AAFP election results.
- Elements of the Opening Ceremony for the AAFP Assembly -- 3-4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 14 -- including the 2011 Family Physician of the Year and remarks from Stream.
Video segments of the keynote address by Irish tenor and physician Ronan Tynan also will be archived. Archived videos will begin to be posted on Sept. 12.
AAFP Offers Live Streaming of COD Sessions