This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Applying for CMS' Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative?
This Webinar's for You
By News Staff
The webinar is scheduled for June 13 at 1 p.m. CDT.
Join Bruce Bagley, M.D., medical director of quality improvement for the AAFP and for TransforMED, as he
- discusses details of the four-year project that is set to launch this summer,
- shares strategies likely to increase a practice's chances for selection,
- walks potential participants through the application process, and
- directs physicians to additional tools that will enhance their competitiveness in the selection process.
The CPC Initiative, which was announced a few months ago, will offer selected primary care practices an opportunity to enhance patient care and boost practice revenues. The program will offer a blended payment model made up of fee-for-service payments with a per-patient, per-month care coordination fee and the opportunity for shared savings.
Registration for the webinar is open to everyone. An archived version of the webinar will be available 24 hours after the live presentation.
Although the initiative will kick off in just seven markets around the country, if it proves successful in improving quality and lowering health care costs, CMS could expand it nationwide. The seven initial markets are
- Arkansas (statewide),
- Colorado (statewide),
- New Jersey (statewide),
- New York (Capital District-Hudson Valley region),
- Ohio (Cincinnati-Dayton region),
- Oklahoma (Greater Tulsa region), and
- Oregon (statewide).
CPCI to Launch in Seven Markets Nationwide, Says CMS
FP Practices Invited to Sign Up to Participate in Payment Initiative
Family Practice Management: "The Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative: What You Need to Know" (Members and paid subscribers only)