This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Free Delta-Exchange Webinar
How to Facilitate Medicare's Annual Wellness Visit
By News Staff
Help is on the way.
TransforMED's Delta-Exchange network is offering a free webinar on Sept. 26 at 1 p.m. CDT to help members make the most of this time with patients. Registration for the event is now open, and AAFP members who are not yet signed up for their free Delta-Exchange network membership can do so before the webinar.
Webinar moderator Arnold Cuenca, D.O., of San Marcos, Calif., is a family physician who has more than a little experience with the challenges of providing the annual wellness visit to his Medicare patients.
As the on-site lead physician for Scripps Coastal Medical Center's Oceanside medical offices, Cuenca's group developed a model that, when implemented, offers an organized approach to providing and billing for these services.
In the one-hour webinar, Cuenca will help physicians
- identify the various wellness exams offered by Medicare;
- assess the challenges involved with providing the annual wellness visit;
- discuss scheduling techniques that will inform patients and ensure that the right exam is offered to patients;
- understand the need for a best-practices model that includes a collaborative approach by all members of the office team; and
- maximize reimbursement through appropriate documentation, coding and billing practices.
FPs Report Glitch in Payment for Medicare Wellness Visit
AAFP Intercedes on Members' Behalf