This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
Questions to Consider Asking at the Interview
Questions for Faculty
- Where are most of your graduates located and what type of practices are they going into from residency?
- How do you perceive your program compares to other programs?
- What kind of feedback are you hearing from your graduates?
- Are some rotations done at other hospitals?
- Are any other residency programs in-house?
- How and how often is feedback provided to residents?
- How would you describe the patient demographics?
- What community service programs does your residency participate in?
Questions for Residents
- What was the most important factor that made you decide to come to this program?
- What are your plans after graduation?
- What's a typical week, month, year like for a first year, second, and third year?
- What is call like? What kind of backup is provided?
- When leave of absence becomes necessary, what happens?
- How do you deal with the stress of residency?
- If there are other residency programs in-house, how do you view their presence?
- What do you/other residents do outside the hospital for community service and for fun?
- Where do you feel most of your learning is coming from?
- What are the program's areas of strength?
- What are the program's areas where improvements could be made?