This was successfully posted to your pofile.
This box will close automatically in a few seconds. Close this window
We don't have an e-mail address on file for you. To use AAFP Connection, you must have an e-mail address in our records. Click Here
What About the Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)?
As with the dean’s letter, November 1 continues to be the standard release date for the MSPE. Whether you’re applying to all of your programs via ERAS or via other channels, schools will not release the MSPE until November 1. ERAS is programmed to embargo the MSPE at the ERAS PostOffice until 12:01 a.m. on November 1. The only exception is DL/MSPEs for fellowship applicants. They are available to fellowship programs as soon as they are transmitted from the EFDO.
Other questions you will want to address in preparation for the MSPE are:
- When can you begin scheduling appointments to visit with the dean?
- Whom should you contact to schedule an appointment?
- What resources should you have in preparation for your meeting with the dean? Should you have a draft of your CV and personal statement ready? What other information, such as transcripts, list of potential residency programs, etc., should you bring along?
- How do you obtain MSPE to send to residency programs that are not participating in ERAS?
- How long does it take for MSPE to be drafted, signed and sent out?
- Will you have the opportunity to review your MSPE before it is sent out?