The AAFP NRN is affiliated with numerous regional practice-based research networks through formal agreements to join forces and pool collective resources to collaborate on research for the best possible outcomes.
The AAFP NRN is open to continued affiliation with additional PBRNs in order to facilitate knowledge sharing in the areas of research methodology and biostatistics; facilitate resource sharing in the area of information technology, network management, and communication; and increase the diversity of the population of patients cared for by the combined network members
For details on participating in the AAFP NRN as an affiliated network, please see our Affiliation Agreement (3-page PDF; About downloading files) or contact Mindy Spano at email@example.com.
We encourage all AAFP NRN members to also explore membership in their regional PBRN.
Affiliated Regional Networks
The AAFP NRN currently has signed affiliation agreements(208 KB DOC) with the following regional practice-base research networks:
- Oklahoma Physicians Resource/Research Network(www.okprn.org) -- Oklahoma City, OK
- Kentucky Ambulatory Network, University of Kentucky(www.mc.uky.edu) (KAN) -- Lexington, KY
- BIGHORN Research Network(www.ucdenver.edu) -- Aurora, CO
- Colorado Research Network(www.ucdenver.edu) (CaReNet) -- Aurora, CO
- High Plains Research Network(www.ucdenver.edu) (HPRN) -- Aurora, CO
- Southern Primary Care Urban Research Network(www.spurnetwork.org) (SPUR-NET) -- Houston, TX
- USC Department of Family Medicine PBRN(www.lanetpbrn.net) (LANet) -- Alhambra, CA
- Upstate New York Practice Based Research Network(fammed.buffalo.edu) (UNYNet) -- Buffalo, NY
- Virginia Ambulatory Care Outcomes Research Network(www.familymedicine.vcu.edu) (ACORN) -- Richmond, VA
- Residency Research Network of South Texas(familymed.uthscsa.edu) (RRNet) -- San Antonio, TX
- New Jersey Primary Care Research Network(rwjms.umdnj.edu) (NJPCRN) -- New Brunswick, NJ
- Connecticut Center for Primary Care(www.centerforprimarycare.org) -- Farmington, CT
- UAB Dental Practice Based Research Network(www.dental.uab.edu) -- Birmingham, AL
- South Texas Ambulatory Research Network(familymed.uthscsa.edu) (STARTNet) -- San Antonio, TX
- Free Clinic Research and Educational Engagement Network(pbrn.ahrq.gov) (FreeNet) -- Tampa, FL