Healthy Communities Collaborative Evaluation
The AAFP National Research Network will conduct an external evaluation of The Healthy Communities Collaborative™ (HCC) program. During this study we will evaluate the ongoing process of monitoring the fidelity of the program components and delivery, thus providing real-time feedback to the project implementation team, while focusing on the proposed outcomes measures.
The following measures will be used in the evaluation:
- Site visits
- Field notes/observations
- Structured interviews with physician leaders
- Semi-structured interviews with practice staff
- Clinical Staff Questionnaire (CSQ) completed by all members of the practice
- Random Patient Chart Audits
The specific aims of the evaluation will align with the specific aims of the HCC project:
- Evaluation of HCC Focus 1: Practice Organization & Leadership
- Evaluation of HCC Focus 2: Practice Measurement, Assessment & Improvement
- Evaluation of HCC Focus 3: Practice Redesign: Chronic Care Model
- Evaluation of HCC Focus 4: Clinical Care and Performance
- Overall Process Evaluation of the HCC program
This project was conducted January 2011 through December 2012.
Data analysis is completed.
For additional information about this study, please contact:
Craig Smail, MSc
Research Project Manager
AAFP National Research Network
This evaluation is funded by the AAFP CME Division.