About the AAFP Proficiency Testing Program
AAFP’s Proficiency Testing Program for Office Laboratories is a comprehensive program from a name you can trust. Flexible and simple, AAFP-PT features:
- Online access via PT Central(www.mylabqc.com)
- Three shipments per year (March, June, and October)
- Full-service proficiency testing and a quality assurance program for CLIA waived and PPM labs
- Excellent customer and technical service
- Online ordering and reporting
- 12 hours CME credit for physicians and laboratory personnel
- Cost savings and multiple site discounts
- Combined proficiency testing and COLA accreditation
- Automatic renewal form
- Approved by CMS and COLA
Copies of data submissions and evaluations from previous events may be viewed and printed from your PT Central(www.mylabqc.com) dashboard.
CLIA regulations require that all laboratories retain certain records for a designated period of time, generally two years. It is the laboratory's responsibility to make copies of all results that are submitted to the PT provider.
The following documents should be retained in your PT records for at least two years:
- The attestation statement, which is found on the front cover of the test kit packet. The statement should be completed with the signature of both the medical director and the testing personnel, as well as the date that the testing was performed.
- All submitted results and the PT evaluations for each testing event.
- PT-related forms and documentation of any problems or special circumstances relating to each PT event.
- Results of investigation and documentation of any corrective action for any PT performance failure.
If any of the samples are missing or damaged in transit, call AAFP-PT to request replacements. Requests for replacement specimens will be honored as long as material is available. A replacement fee will be charged for samples which have been mishandled by the participant. This fee will cover the cost of the specimens, shipping, and handling.
All cancellations must be made in writing.
When a change involves deleting a module from your order, credit will be issued based on the number of shipments remaining in the program year.
Module cancellations must be received six weeks prior to the event ship date to receive credit for that event.
The annual registration fee is not prorated and is non-refundable. Credits will be applied to the following year's proficiency testing order. If no order is being placed for the next year, a refund check will be issued upon request at the end of the current program year.
Additions to Your Order
All additions to an existing order must be made in writing.
Any module may be added to an existing order depending on the shipping schedule, result deadline dates, and material availability. A written request for additions to an existing order is required and can be faxed to (913) 906-6079.
An additional shipping charge of $25 will be added to the order if a separate shipment is required. The module cost will be prorated according to the number of shipments remaining in the program year and the financially responsible party will be billed. You will receive an updated order confirmation and invoice.
AAFP-PT cannot guarantee that all shipments will be available for orders received after January 1.
AAFP-PT will make every effort to accommodate new orders or requests for program changes made after the deadline date, depending on the availability of testing material at that time. The module costs for orders accepted after established order cutoff dates may be prorated according to the number of shipments remaining when your order is received. The registration/service fee and laboratory supplies are not prorated.
There is an option to continue testing after an unsuccessful PT performance. AAFP-PT can provide reinstatement samples for any regulated analytes as required by the CLIA '88 regulations. Samples can usually be shipped the same day as requested. Typical turn-around time for the evaluation process is seven to ten days.
We will also report your reinstatement testing results to CMS or COLA the same day you get your results. Everything you need to reestablish your lab proficiency is provided by our staff and assures continued patient testing services.
Pricing is based on a per-analyte basis. Call us for more information at (800) 274-7911.
Shipments containing clinically relevant specimens and easy-to-follow instructions will be sent to your laboratory three times a year.
2013 Shipment Schedule
- Ship date: March 4
- Last day for replacements: March 20
- Results deadline (online): March 27
- Evaluations available: April 26
- Ship date: June 3
- Last day for replacements: June 19
- Results deadline (online): June 26
- Evaluations available: July 26
- Ship date: October 7
- Last day for replacements: October 23
- Results deadline (online): October 30
- Evaluations available: November 29
The Quality Assurance Program shipment dates for 2013 are April 1 and November 4.
If any of the specimens, results, or documents are not received, please notify AAFP-PT for assistance. When your proficiency testing specimens are received, please examine the kit for incomplete or damaged material and notify AAFP-PT if necessary. The event summary will be online approximately seven days after the close of each event by accessing AAFP-PT website.
It is the participant’s responsibility to know when the kits are due to arrive. All modules will be sent together by an overnight shipping service; a signature of receipt will be required for delivery.
Remind the personnel in your office to refrigerate the kit upon receipt. A cold pack is included in the kit, but by the time you receive the kit, the cold pack will be thawed and the contents may be warm. This will not damage the manufactured specimens.
If you do not receive your kit within five days of the shipping date, please call AAFP-PT. We assume all kits arrive unless otherwise notified. We are unable to change the shipment dates, so if your office is scheduled to be closed when a kit is due to arrive, you will need to make delivery arrangements with the overnight shipping service.