Establish Workflow: Clinical Data-sharing
Steps to Define Sharing Clinical Data Workflow
Establish new workflows
- At the team's third meeting, map the workflows currently used to share patient information by fax, phone, and mail. Then figure out new workflows for electronic sharing.
- These suggestions(1 page DOC) may guide the discussion.
- Document new workflow decisions and processes in the office manual or other appropriate place.
Once the new workflows have been created, you're ready to choose a secure electronic messaging system. Share the new workflows to learn if each system will support them.
What you will need
- Decision-making authority
- Time to create new workflows
- A way to document decisions and new workflows (e.g., office manual)
Outcome: Workflows for electronic communication of clinical information
Time to Complete: Three weeks