Improve & Evaluate: Online Appointments
Steps to Improving & Evaluating Online Appointment Scheduling
Discuss at staff meetings
At each regular staff meeting, ask how online appointment scheduling is working and what patients have said about setting appointments with it.
Get patient feedback
Download this survey(0 bytes) or develop your own, and use it to learn what patients think about your online appointment scheduling system. This could be done as part of your annual patient survey.
Analyze results and create an improvement plan
Analyze feedback about the system, then discuss as a team. Create a plan to work on areas that need improvement. The plan should include:
- What needs to be done to improve online appointment scheduling?
- Who's going to do the work?
- What are the deadlines?
What you will need
- Decision-making authority
- Time for staff meetings
- A patient survey
- Time to analyze feedback, make a plan, and implement improvements
Difficulty: Easy; needs ongoing support
Outcome: Feedback and a plan for improvement
Time to Complete: Ongoing
- Online Appointment Patient Survey(0 bytes)