Improve & Evaluate: Practice Website
Steps to Improving & Evaluating Your Practice Website
Monitor your website
If you're working with a website development company, its staff may do some of the following work. If you've developed your own website, you'll do this work:
- Check search engine ranking.
- Analyze website traffic reports.
Maintain your website
If you're working with a website development company, its staff may do the first item, but your practice will be responsible for the second item.
- Check the website regularly. Does it download quickly? Are any images missing, links broken, words misspelled? Fix any problems detected.
- Respond promptly to emails from visitors. Develop several standardized replies so the information provided is uniform.
Evaluate, update, and improve your website
- Regularly ask staff for feedback about how the website is working, including feedback they receive from patients.
- Survey patients periodically for their feedback. Use this survey(1 page DOC) or create your own.
- The website team should analyze feedback and website traffic reports, identify areas that need improvement, and develop a plan to accomplish those improvements. The most important parts of the plan, and questions to answer, are: What needs to be done? Who's going to do it? By when will it be done?
- When your practice has news, such as an upcoming event or a new physician, update your website. Nothing encourages return visits better than fresh, timely information!
What you will need
- Decision-making authority
- Website reports and time to review them
- Time to review the website and answer emails
- Staff feedback
- A patient survey
- Time to analyze data and feedback and to develop a plan
- Time to implement improvements and updates
Difficulty: Easy; needs ongoing support
Outcome: An updated website that works
Time to Complete: One to two hours on a regular basis