Evaluate the Scheduling Service
Steps to Evaluating Same-day Appointments in Your Practice
- Monitor statistics weekly until same-day scheduling implementation is completed. Have staff use this tally sheet(1 page DOC) to record appointment requests. This tool will automatically calculate the percentage of same-day versus pre-scheduled visits.
- Continue to monitor statistics periodically.
Same-day scheduling should:
- Reduce the number of no-show appointments, and patient and provider cancellation.
- Increase revenue because of higher patient retention.
- Increase clinical staff efficiencies. Physicians and nurses will have more time to spend with patients because non-clinical work is relocated to non-clinical staff.
Distribute a patient satisfaction survey before, during, and after open-access scheduling to measure satisfaction improvements.
What you will need
- Staff cooperation to track data
- Time to analyze data
- A patient satisfaction survey
Difficulty: Easy; requires time to analyze data
Outcome: An overview of how open-access scheduling is working for you
Time to Complete: Ongoing