Assess Clinical Staff Resources: Same-day Appointments
Steps to Assessing and Optimizing Clinical Staff Resources
Assess efficiency of current patient care processes
- During project meetings, discuss current patient care delivery processes and their efficiency with staff.
- Brainstorm opportunities for improving patient care and for optimizing physician and other clinical staff resources.
Explore optimization opportunities
During project meetings, discuss the following options and other ideas from a brainstorming session:
- Use of non-physician clinical staff to optimize patient care
- Patient education and self-management for disease prevention and treatment enhancement
- Offering different opportunities for physician-patient communication and interaction, such as email
- Offering group visits for patients who have chronic diseases
What you will need
Team meetings to discuss current processes and to brainstorm optimization opportunities
Difficulty: Moderate; requires analysis of current practice processes
Outcome: Considerations to optimize patient care
Time to Complete: Two weeks