Allocate Resources for Same-day Appointments
Steps to Allocating Resources for Same-day Appointments
Assess resource requirements
- Review your timeline to determine how many hours will be spent on the project.
- Review your findings on ideal panel size.
- Determine if current staff can work expanded hours or if you need to hire temporary staff until you reduce your backlog of pre-scheduled appointments.
- Determine if you need to develop a project budget to cover additional short-term staff resources.
Develop a plan to allocate resources
If additional short-term staff resources and/or financial resources are needed:
- Determine how much overtime current staff will be required to work, or how many temporary staff you will need and for how long.
- Develop a budget to cover costs of additional short-term resources.
What you will need
- An estimate of the number of hours to be spent on the project
- An assessment of current appointment demand and availability
- An assessment of physician capacity
- An assessment of the size of your backlog
- A project budget if additional resources are needed
Difficulty: Moderate; requires analysis of staffing needs and financial resources
Outcome: Available necessary resources to start your project
Time to Complete: One week