Select a Product: Online Appointments
Steps to Selecting a Vendor to Schedule Online Appointments
Include these in your research:
- Consider using AAFP Member Advantage partner Medfusion(www.medfusion.net) (now Intuit Health), which offers AAFP members a discount on its online appointment scheduler.
- Your website vendor also may offer an online appointment scheduler.
- Consult this list(1 page DOC) for the URLs of some other vendors you could consider.
- Talk to vendors with products that appeal to you. Explain your practice needs. Ask these questions(1 page DOC), or develop your own.
- Get family medicine references from each vendor you like. Use this feedback form(0 bytes) to organize reference feedback, or create your own form. The references are busy practices like yours, so expect some delays.
- For vendors with good references, run background checks to determine viability (whether the company is likely to stay in business).
Make a decision
Discuss the most promising vendors and their products with the team and with other providers in the practice, then select a product.
What you will need
- Decision-making authority
- Time to investigate vendors
- Vendor references and background checks
- Time for discussions
- Money to pay for online appointment scheduler
Difficulty: Moderate; requires careful research and consideration
Outcome: Selection of an online appointment scheduler
Time to Complete: May take up to six months