EHR Technology Certification
Technology Certification for Electronic Heath Records
Certified EHR Technology Products
These health information technology (HIT) products have been certified(www.cms.gov) to meet the HHS criteria required to participate in the CMS EHR Incentive Programs. In 2016, attestation and reporting on meaningful use objectives and measures may be completed using 2014 Edition certified EHR technology, 2015 Edition certified EHR technology if available, or a combination of the two.
Visit the Certified Health IT Product List (CHPL) to:
- Search for certified EHRs or products(chpl.healthit.gov) (see tips on using CHPL below)
- Compare certified products
- Identify and understand nonconformities
- Create or look up a CMS EHR certification ID
Tips on using CHPL via an Example Search
View multiple certified EHRs specifically for ambulatory practices:
- Click on the magnifying glass icon (near the search bar) from the CHPL main page(chpl.healthit.gov)
- Use “Refine search by” drop-down option and choose "Practice Type"
- Click the white box to the right of the "Practice Type" box, select "Ambulatory" and then click "Add Filter”
- Click on “Edition” to toggle between 2015 and 2014 Edition certified products