Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+)
Update: 2017 Application Period
On October 25, 2016, CMS announced it expects to re-open the CPC+ application period for both payers and practices in 2017. This will allow additional payers and more clinicians to participate. Payers and practices selected during this second application period will join the program in program year 2018.
What is CPC+?
The Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) is an advanced alternative payment model (APM) built on learnings from the original CPC initiative. The model includes:
- Practice readiness
- Aligned payment reform
- Actionable performance-based incentives
- Robust data sharing
CPC+ is designed to provide physicians freedom to care for their patients in a way they think will deliver the best outcomes and to pay them for achieving results and improving care.
How Can Your Practice Benefit From CPC+?
CPC+ has been designated as an Advanced Alternative Payment model (APM) in the recent MACRA/Quality Payment Program final rule. CPC+ presents an opportunity for family physicians and their practices to engage in a payment model that improves primary care payment while also supporting medical home functions and providing a path out of the MIPs program.
CPC+ is currently available in the following states and regions:
|Kansas City Metro (KS/MO)||Michigan||Montana|
|New Jersey||New York (Hudson Valley)||Ohio (includes Northern Kentucky counties)|
How to Get Started
Check back for more information as it becomes available or contact the AAFP (email@example.com) with your questions.
- Late November 2016: Selected practices announced
- January 2017: CPC+ performance year one begins
- January 2018: CPC+ performance year two begins
- January 2019: CPC+ performance year three begins
- January 2020: CPC+ performance year four begins
- January 2021: CPC+ performance year five begins
- April 11, 2016: CPC + Model announced
- April 14 and 19, 2016: CPC+ Model Announcement Webinar (All members of the public)
- April 21, 2016: CPC+ Health IT Vendor Webinar (Health IT vendors only)
- April 27 and May 10, 2016: CPC+ Interested Payer Webinar (Payers only)
- June 8, 2016: CMS deadline for accepting payer proposals to partner in CPC+ (closes at 11:59 p.m. EST)
- Late July 2016: CMS publicizes the 20 CPC+ regions
- August 1 – September 15, 2016: CMS accepting practice applications (closes at 11:59 p.m. EST)