AAFP Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education
Of the 3,500 eligible family medicine residents, only 12 are selected for the AAFP Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education.
Will one of them be you?
This esteemed distinction has recognized outstanding family medicine residents for leadership, civic involvement, exemplary patient care, and aptitude for and interest in family medicine since 1952.
Winners are awarded a $1,000 scholarship and transportation and lodging for two nights, supported by a grant from Novo Nordisk, to receive the honor in person at the 2019 AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX) in Philadelphia, PA.
Awards are provided for second-year graduate training only and must be used for the academic year awarded from July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
Be recognized for your contribution to family medicine.
We have planned an Awards Breakfast in recognition of the awardees. The Awards Breakfast is being held on Thursday, September 26, 7-8:00 a.m., in conjunction with the AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX - formerly AAFP Assembly) in Philadelphia, PA. The breakfast will be held in the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel (room TBD soon).
Deadline: April 5, 2019
- Current AAFP Resident Member. (Not a member? Join today!)
- Eligible to practice family medicine in the United States.
- Currently in second year of an ACGME accredited family medicine residency OR in the first year of an AOA approved family medicine residency after completing an AOA approved rotating general or family medicine internship.
Criteria for Selection
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Community involvement/social commitment.
- Exemplary patient care and interpersonal relationships.
Begin Your Application Process:
Complete the Application Materials (including):
- Application Form/Professional Activity Plans
- Personal Statement (2-page maximum)
(one from each representative is required)