New webinar program offers topics in HIV prevention
Information provided by Gilead Sciences, Inc.
The CDC reports ≈38,000 individuals are diagnosed with HIV each year in the U.S., and 1.1 million individuals are at elevated risk for sexually acquired HIV.1,2
HIV is preventable. How are you currently identifying patients in your practice who may be at risk? Do you want to learn more about an HIV prevention option that you can offer these patients?
To promote awareness and education of HIV prevention measures, Gilead has launched a live webinar program where you can interact with HIV prevention experts with knowledge and background in primary care practice. These experts will be discussing topics that include information on:
- Identifying patients at risk of HIV
- Taking effective sexual histories
- Learning about an HIV prevention option
- Implementing HIV prevention
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV Surveillance Report, 2017; vol. 29. https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/library/reports/surveillance/cdc-hiv-surveillance-report-2017-vol-29.pdf(www.cdc.gov) Published November 2018. Accessed February 25, 2019.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. United States, 2015. https://www.cdc.gov/(www.cdc.gov). Accessed March 22, 2019.
GILEAD and the GILEAD Logo are trademarks of Gilead Sciences, Inc. ©2019 Gilead Sciences, Inc. All rights reserved. UNBP4552 05/19
The posting of sponsored information and content on this page should not be considered an AAFP endorsement or recommendation of the sponsor's products, services, policies, or procedures. The information and opinions expressed on this page are those of the paid sponsors and do not necessarily reflect the view of the AAFP. The AAFP is not responsible for the content of third-party websites linked from this page; moreover, any links on this page to third-party websites where goods or services are advertised are not endorsements or recommendations by the AAFP of the third-party sites, goods, or services.