- Members who have continued membership for a minimum of 20 years and who meet one of the following requirements:
- Age 70 or over.
- Completely retired from the practice of medicine.
- May vote and have floor at Assembly. May not hold office.
Continuing Study Requirements
General Membership Information
- Transfers from one classification to another must be approved by the constituent chapter. For more information on transferring into this category, please contact the Contact Center at (800) 274-2237 or email@example.com.
- AAFP membership is unified, which means that members are required to belong to the national AAFP and to their appropriate chapter. The AAFP has a chapter for each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Uniformed Services, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Members are also required to belong to a local chapter, if one exists in their area.
- Chapter membership makes it convenient for AAFP members to access relevant information and focused resources right where they live and work. Chapters offer local and regional opportunities to network, mentor, volunteer, take a leadership role, and get involved in the AAFP.
Questions? Contact us at (800) 274-2237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Term of Membership
National AAFP Dues
$350.00 one-time national dues effective Jan. 1 following transfer to Life membership. (Jan. 1 to Dec. 31)
One-time Chapter/Local Dues
Vary by Chapter