Monday, July 27, 2020 | Seattle (Bellevue), WA
ALSO® Instructor Course
Learn how to provide an interactive learning experience for ALSO Provider course participants in order to assist them in obtaining the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage potential emergencies during pregnancy.
Current ALSO Provider status as of July 27, 2020 is required to attend this course.
Successful completion of required online course elements is mandatory prior to attending the live portion of this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss educational tools that can be used when giving feedback to ALSO course participants.
- Describe how to assist participants in dealing with questions and conflicts that can occur during the workstations.
- Demonstrate teaching capabilities by providing hands-on role-play utilizing maternal-fetal manikins along with timely feedback in order to adapt teaching methods to various situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate group discussion, as well as consider ways to implement faculty and learner feedback to enhance the educational experience.
Furthermore, upon successful completion of this course, learners will be designated as ALSO Instructor Candidates. Instructor Candidates are required to:
- Be observed by an Advisory Faculty teaching in one ALSO Provider Course within 1 year of their Instructor Course date.
- Have the Advisory Faculty of that course recommend your status be changed from ALSO Instructor Candidate to ALSO Approved Instructor.
A limited number of spaces are available for individuals who complete the Instructor Course at this location to be immediately observed teaching in the ALSO Provider Course the very next day. This will expedite advancement to Approved Instructor completion status. If interested, please contact Gaylynn Butts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALSO Instructor Course
Monday, July 27, 2020
Seattle (Bellevue), WA
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Registration includes online access to the ALSO Instructor manual. A hard copy of the full-color manual may be purchased for $39.95 when registering for the course. If purchased, you will receive the manual on site at the live course.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Hyatt Regency Bellevue(www.hyatt.com)
900 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
Phone: (877) 803-7534
$205 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 25, 2020
With its small-town charm and big city convenience, Bellevue, Washington is a modern oasis with endless activities and cultural attractions sprinkled in. Located 9 miles from downtown Seattle, Hyatt Regency Bellevue connects you to world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and major corporate headquarters.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after June 25, 2020, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hyatt Regency Bellevue guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Complimentary internet access in guest rooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- Discounted self-parking to $15 per day per car