Monday, October 12, 2020 | Chicago, IL
ALSO® Instructor Course
Worry-free registration: We understand that in light of COVID-19 you may be hesitant to register for an in-person event, so we have updated our cancellation policy. You can cancel your ALSO Instructor Course registration at any time, for any reason up to the day before the meeting, and we will issue you a full refund of your registration fee. Please note that this modified cancelation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your worry-free registration.
Learn how to provide an interactive learning experience for ALSO Provider course participants in order to assist them in obtaining the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage potential emergencies during pregnancy.
Current ALSO Provider status as of October 12, 2020 is required to attend this course.
Successful completion of required online course elements is mandatory prior to attending the live portion of this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss educational tools that can be used when giving feedback to ALSO course participants.
- Describe how to assist participants in dealing with questions and conflicts that can occur during the workstations.
- Demonstrate teaching capabilities by providing hands-on role-play utilizing maternal-fetal manikins along with timely feedback in order to adapt teaching methods to various situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate group discussion, as well as consider ways to implement faculty and learner feedback to enhance the educational experience.
Furthermore, upon successful completion of this course, learners will be designated as ALSO Instructor Candidates. Instructor Candidates are required to:
- Be observed by an Advisory Faculty teaching in one ALSO Provider Course within 1 year of their Instructor Course date.
- Have the Advisory Faculty of that course recommend your status be changed from ALSO Instructor Candidate to ALSO Approved Instructor.
A limited number of spaces are available for individuals who complete the Instructor Course at this location to be immediately observed teaching in the ALSO Provider Course the very next day. This will expedite advancement to Approved Instructor completion status. If interested, please contact Gaylynn Butts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALSO Instructor Course
Monday, October 12, 2020
McCormick Place West
The course will take place at the McCormick Place West during AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX) annual meeting. You do not need to be registered for AAFP FMX in order to attend this course.