Friday, June 21, 2019 | Kansas City, MO (Leawood, KS)
ALSO® Instructor Course
Learn how to provide an interactive learning experience for ALSO Provider course participants in order to assist them in obtaining the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage potential emergencies during pregnancy.
Current ALSO Provider status as of June 21, 2019 is required to attend this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss educational tools that can be used when giving feedback to ALSO course participants.
- Describe how to assist participants in dealing with questions and conflicts that can occur during the workstations.
- Demonstrate teaching capabilities by providing hands-on role-play utilizing maternal-fetal manikins along with timely feedback in order to adapt teaching methods to various situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate group discussion, as well as consider ways to implement faculty and learner feedback to enhance the educational experience.
Furthermore, upon successful completion of this course, learners will be designated as ALSO Instructor Candidates. Instructor Candidates are required to:
- Be observed by an Advisory Faculty teaching in one ALSO Provider Course within 1 year of their Instructor Course date.
- Have the Advisory Faculty of that course recommend your status be changed from ALSO Instructor Candidate to ALSO Approved Instructor.
A limited number of spaces are available for individuals who complete the Instructor Course at this location to be immediately observed teaching in the ALSO Provider Course the very next day. This will expedite advancement to Approved Instructor completion status. If interested, please contact Robyn Brumble, ALSO Program Manager, at email@example.com.
Attend ALSO Instructor Course
Friday, June 21, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Lunch is included.
Registration opens in January.
Current ALSO Provider status as of June 21, 2019, is required to attend this course.
Cancellation Policy: The registration fee will be refunded minus $150.
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
Leawood, KS 66211
CME Credit Statement
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.