Monday, September 23, 2019 | Philadelphia, PA
ALSO® Instructor Course
Learn how to provide an interactive learning experience for ALSO Provider course participants in order to assist them in obtaining the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage potential emergencies during pregnancy.
Current ALSO Provider status as of September 23, 2019 is required to attend this course.
Successful completion of required online course elements is mandatory prior to attending the live portion of this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss educational tools that can be used when giving feedback to ALSO course participants.
- Describe how to assist participants in dealing with questions and conflicts that can occur during the workstations.
- Demonstrate teaching capabilities by providing hands-on role-play utilizing maternal-fetal manikins along with timely feedback in order to adapt teaching methods to various situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate group discussion, as well as consider ways to implement faculty and learner feedback to enhance the educational experience.
Furthermore, upon successful completion of this course, learners will be designated as ALSO Instructor Candidates. Instructor Candidates are required to:
- Be observed by an Advisory Faculty teaching in one ALSO Provider Course within 1 year of their Instructor Course date.
- Have the Advisory Faculty of that course recommend your status be changed from ALSO Instructor Candidate to ALSO Approved Instructor.
A limited number of spaces are available for individuals who complete the Instructor Course at this location to be immediately observed teaching in the ALSO Provider Course the very next day. This will expedite advancement to Approved Instructor completion status. If interested, please contact Gaylynn Butts at email@example.com.
Attend ALSO Instructor Course
Monday, September 23, 2019
1:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Philadelphia Convention Center
Current ALSO Provider status as of September 23, 2019, is required to attend this course.
Cancellation Policy: The registration fee will be refunded minus $150.
The course will take place at the Philadelphia Convention Center during AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX) annual meeting. You do not need to be registered for AAFP FMX in order to attend this course.
CME Credit Statement
This Live activity, ALSO Instructor Course, with a beginning date of 9/23/2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 6.75 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) MOC standards now allow participation in ABOG-approved Simulation Courses to meet the annual Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) MOC requirement. This course has been approved to meet ABOG Improvement in Medical Practice requirements for 2016-2018. Please review the 2016 MOC Bulletin(www.abog.org) for further information.