Saturday, July 27, 2019 | Washington, DC (Reston, VA)
ALSO® Instructor Course
Learn how to provide an interactive learning experience for ALSO Provider course participants in order to assist them in obtaining the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage potential emergencies during pregnancy.
Current ALSO Provider status as of July 27, 2019 is required to attend this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss educational tools that can be used when giving feedback to ALSO course participants.
- Describe how to assist participants in dealing with questions and conflicts that can occur during the workstations.
- Demonstrate teaching capabilities by providing hands-on role-play utilizing maternal-fetal manikins along with timely feedback in order to adapt teaching methods to various situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate group discussion, as well as consider ways to implement faculty and learner feedback to enhance the educational experience.
Furthermore, upon successful completion of this course, learners will be designated as ALSO Instructor Candidates. Instructor Candidates are required to:
- Be observed by an Advisory Faculty teaching in one ALSO Provider Course within 1 year of their Instructor Course date.
- Have the Advisory Faculty of that course recommend your status be changed from ALSO Instructor Candidate to ALSO Approved Instructor.
Attend ALSO Instructor Course
Saturday, July 27, 2019
1:00 - 6:00 p.m.
(time subject to change)
Hyatt Regency Reston
Registration opens in December.
Current ALSO Provider status as of July 27, 2019, is required to attend this course.
Cancellation Policy: The registration fee will be refunded minus $150.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Hyatt Regency Reston(www.hyatt.com)
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, VA 20190
Phone: (877) 803-7534
Group Code: G-AF20
Rate: $179 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 21, 2019
Located in the middle of Reston Town Center, Hyatt Regency Reston is surrounded by plenty of shopping and dining options, a movie theater, and popular businesses. It’s the largest hotel in the Dulles Airport Corridor, with complimentary shuttle service to and from your terminal.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after June 21, 2019, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hyatt Regency Reston guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Complimentary internet access in guest rooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- 50% discount for self-parking
CME Credit Statement
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.