Tuesday, October 13, 2020 | Chicago, IL
ALSO® Provider Course
This one-day course format is available for Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO). This newly evolved course is an evidence-based interprofessional training program that prepares members of the entire maternity care team to better manage obstetric emergencies through teaching standardized approaches to care. This comprehensive course encourages team-based learning amongst physicians, residents, nurse midwives, and registered nurses in order to improve patient safety and positively impact maternal outcomes.
Learners will successfully complete required online course elements at their own pace prior to attending the one-day live portion of the course. The live portion of the course then provides multiple hands-on opportunities for learners to practice their skills and apply what they have learned. This is accomplished by rotating learners through interactive group case study workstations, in situ skills workstations, and simulated hands-on group testing scenarios throughout the day.
Successful completion of required online course elements is mandatory prior to attending the live portion of this course.
The ALSO Provider course is an ABOG Maintenance of Certification (MOC) approved simulation course that will afford ABOG participants credit during their MOC cycle.
At the successful completion of the ALSO Provider Course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss methods of managing pregnancy and birth urgencies and emergencies, which standardizes the skills of practicing maternity care providers.
- Demonstrate content and skill acquisition as evidenced by successful completion of course examination, skills workstations, and group testing stations.
ALSO Provider Course
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
McCormick Place West
Lunch is included.
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
SAVE THE DATE!
REGISTRATION OPENS IN December.
- Safety in Maternity Care
- First-Trimester Pregnancy Complications
- Vaginal Bleeding in Late Pregnancy
- Preterm Labor and Premature Rupture of Membranes
- Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance
- Labor Dystocia
- Malpresentations, Malpositions and Multiple Gestation
- Assisted Vaginal Delivery
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Maternal Resuscitation and Trauma
Registration includes access to the ALSO Provider manual during the completion of the required online course before the live course. A hard copy of the full-color manual may be purchased for $39.95 when registering for the course. If purchased, you will receive the manual on site at the live course.
The course will take place at the McCormick Place West during AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX) annual meeting. You do not need to be registered for AAFP FMX in order to attend this course.
A list of hotels will be available in April.