Thursday, May 2 and Friday, May 3, 2019 | Las Vegas, NV
ALSO® Provider Course
This one-day course format is available for Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO®). This newly evolved course is an evidence-based interprofessional training program that prepares members of the entire maternity care team to better manage obstetric emergencies through teaching standardized approaches to care. This comprehensive course encourages team-based learning amongst physicians, residents, nurse midwives, and registered nurses in order to improve patient safety and positively impact maternal outcomes.
Learners will successfully complete required online course elements at their own pace prior to attending the one-day live portion of the course. The live portion of the course then provides multiple hands-on opportunities for learners to practice their skills and apply what they have learned. This is accomplished by rotating learners through interactive group case study workstations, in-situ skills workstations, and simulated hands-on group testing scenarios throughout the day.
Successful completion of required online course elements is mandatory prior to attending the live portion of this course.
The ALSO Provider course is an ABOG Maintenance of Certification (MOC) approved simulation course that will afford ABOG participants credit during their MOC cycle.
At the successful completion of the ALSO Provider Course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss methods of managing pregnancy and birth urgencies and emergencies, which standardizes the skills of practicing maternity care providers.
- Demonstrate content and skill acquisition as evidenced by successful completion of online course examination, skills workstations, and group testing stations.
Registration includes access to the ALSO Provider manual during the completion of the required online course before the live course. A hard copy of the full-color manual may be purchased for $39.95 when registering for the course. If purchased, you will receive the manual on site at the live course.
Attend ALSO Provider Course
Thursday, May 2 and Friday, May 3, 2019
1:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Las Vegas, NV
Flamingo Las Vegas
Participation in both afternoons are required to complete the course.
Registration opens in November.
Cancellation Policy: The registration fee will be refunded minus $150.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Flamingo Las Vegas(book.passkey.com)
3555 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: (888) 373-9855 ($15 + tax per reservation)
Event Code: SFEUC9
+ $30/day resort fee
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- April 8, 2019
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after April 8, 2019, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Flamingo Las Vegas guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will be charged for first night's guestroom and tax charge at the time of reservation.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Guest room wireless Internet for 2 devices per day
- 2 guest admissions per day to fitness center
- 50% discount on self-parking.
CME Credit Statement
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.