Tuesday, July 23, 2019 | Washington, DC (Reston, VA)
ALSO® Provider Course
This one-day course format is available for Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO®). This newly evolved course is an evidence-based interprofessional training program that prepares members of the entire maternity care team to better manage obstetric emergencies through teaching standardized approaches to care. This comprehensive course encourages team-based learning amongst physicians, residents, nurse midwives, and registered nurses in order to improve patient safety and positively impact maternal outcomes.
Learners will successfully complete required online course elements at their own pace prior to attending the one-day live portion of the course. The live portion of the course then provides multiple hands-on opportunities for learners to practice their skills and apply what they have learned. This is accomplished by rotating learners through interactive group case study workstations, in situ skills workstations, and simulated hands-on group testing scenarios throughout the day.
Successful completion of required online course elements is mandatory prior to attending the live portion of this course.
The ALSO Provider course is an ABOG Maintenance of Certification (MOC) approved simulation course that will afford ABOG participants credit during their MOC cycle.
At the successful completion of the ALSO Provider Course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss methods of managing pregnancy and birth urgencies and emergencies, which standardizes the skills of practicing maternity care providers.
- Demonstrate content and skill acquisition as evidenced by successful completion of course examination, skills workstations, and group or megadelivery testing stations.
Registration includes access to the ALSO Provider manual during the completion of the required online course before the live course. A hard copy of the full-color manual may be purchased for $39.95 when registering for the course. If purchased, you will receive the manual on site at the live course.
Attend ALSO Provider Course
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
7:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Reston
Registration opens in December.
Cancellation Policy: The registration fee will be refunded minus $150.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Hyatt Regency Reston(www.hyatt.com)
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, VA 20190
Phone: (877) 803-7534
Group Code: G-AF20
Rate: $179 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 21, 2019
Located in the middle of Reston Town Center, Hyatt Regency Reston is surrounded by plenty of shopping and dining options, a movie theater, and popular businesses. It’s the largest hotel in the Dulles Airport Corridor, with complimentary shuttle service to and from your terminal.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after June 21, 2019, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hyatt Regency Reston guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Complimentary internet access in guest rooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- 50% discount for self-parking
CME Credit Statement
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.