Social Determinants of Health
The latest AAFP audiobook, Social Determinants of Health, is filled with tips on caring for patients across the spectrum. Gain insights on how to assess whether patients have basic resources available —access to food, housing, and social support. Consider the impact on patient wellbeing and how to treat with these social factors in mind.
- What Evidence Do We Need Before Recommending Routine Screening for Social Determinants of Health? (Editorial) (7 minutes)
- The Feasibility of Screening for Social Determinants of Health: Seven Lessons Learned (15 minutes)
- A Practical Approach to Screening for Social Determinants of Health (12 minutes)
- Acting on Social Determinants of Health: A Primer for Family Physicians (Editorial) (6 minutes)
- Social Determinants of Health: Family Physicians' Leadership Role (Editorial) (5 minutes)
The material in this audiobook is sourced from the AAFP’s leading journals, American Family Physician and FPM. Learn how you can best meet and treat your patients where they are in terms of social needs.
Note: CME credit is not available for this audiobook.
Questions about this audiobook? Contact the AAFP Member Resource Center at 800-274-2237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Listen to 45 minutes of best practices from the AAFP journals.