Thursday, March 19 - Saturday, March 21, 2020 | Atlanta, GA
PerformanceNavigator® Workshop Cardiometabolic Conditions | NEW OPTIONS
To ensure you have opportunities to earn needed CME after the cancellation of the March PerformanceNavigator course, we offer you the following options:
1: Transfer your registration to the September course in Minneapolis, MN.
- Contact our Member Resource Center at 800-274-2237 or firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1. If you have started Stage A activities in one or more modules, your work will transfer to the fall course.
- You can start or continue your Stage A activities at any time.
- Book your Minneapolis hotel by August 25 to receive the special AAFP room block pricing and rate.
- If you decide after May 1 to attend this course, please register online. Please note: You will lose any work you’ve already completed if you register after this date.
In light of Covid-19, the AAFP has changed its cancellation policy. You can cancel your registration for the fall course at any time, for any reason, up to September 23, and we will issue you a full refund.
2: Request a full refund
For your convenience, we will automatically issue you a full refund if we don’t hear from you by May 1. You will lose any work you may have started.
SCAM ALERT: Please note that there are scams trying to capitalize on the covid-19 situation and associated event cancelations. If you receive communication regarding AAFP event refunds or registration transfers and you are uncertain if it is from the AAFP, please contact us at email@example.com or 800-274-2237 to verify.
Address Your Patients' Cardiometabolic Concerns
Satisfy your Family Medicine Certification's Performance Improvement and Self-Assessment activities—all in one program. Improve care among your patient panel with cardiometabolic conditions.
PerformanceNavigator blends live, expert-led didactic instruction with collaborative group-learning activities and easy-to-use online tools relating to diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia to help you meet all of your ABFM Performance Improvement Activities, Self-Assessment Activities, and CME requirements for one 3-year stage in one efficient program.
Learn the latest, evidence-based clinical information on diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia, and implement interventions to improve cardiometabolic care.
Benefit from collaboration with your colleagues from across the country, online through the PerformanceNavigator Social Learning Community as well as at the live experience.
Note: This activity is ideally designed for physicians and nurse practitioners who have a regular patient panel of 20 or more patients. If this minimum requirement is not met, physicians will not be able to receive the 20 Performance Improvement points nor 20 CME credits from the ABFM.
Learn more from faculty presenters about this award-winning course
Hear what colleagues are saying about this course
Must be completed prior to attending the live workshop.
- Login to begin activity online.
- Choose one condition module and complete all Stage A tasks which includes:
- Practice assessment
- Entering patient survey & chart information
- Answering a few case study questions to determine your baseline
- That's it. Now you're ready to attend the live workshop.
Attend Live Workshop
- Collaborate with peers and experts on deficits and case studies.
- Identify Practice Transformation processes to improve performance.
- Attend afternoon KSA Working Groups, or enjoy free time on your own.
- Create your personalized action plan.
- Implement your chosen interventions within your action plan.
- Enter updated patient survey and chart information online.
- Complete a post-plan practice assessment.
- Answer case-study questions to continue your learning.
- View Medical Knowledge Assessment Videos.
- Complete remaining activities.
- Save one condition module to complete in a following year to apply against your performance improvement requirement for your next 3 year stage.
- Must complete all elements of a condition module within 11 months of starting the module.
- Claim CME credit as you go
- Participate in the social learning community with peers and experts.
PeformanceNavigator's blend of interactive online and live event learning allows you to get the most out of your time to maximize your learning.
Attend the live event in a great location to learn with your peers and interact with care improvement experts for one full day and two mornings.
- Self-Assessment Activities - Included KSA Working Groups with a faculty-proctored ABFM clinical simulation allow you to complete your Self-Assessment Activities requirement on-site.
Use easy-access informational tools to guide you through practice improvement activities, including:
- Social Learning Community - Interact with peers and experts.
- Medical Knowledge Assessment Videos (MKAs) - Download or stream 60 MKA videos of all three conditions featuring evidence-based best practice and discussion by expert faculty. Earn 0.25 AAFP Prescribed credits per 15 minute video.
- Performance Improvement Module - Complete an online AAFP/AMA three-stage design tool to measure your baseline performance, apply practice improvement interventions, and reassess to gauge performance improvement. Earn 20 AAFP Prescribed credits per topic, up to 60.
- FP Essentials™ Edition - Read the monograph online on Cardiovascular Disease and earn up to 5 AAFP Prescribed credit.
Focus on practice assessment, practice improvement, and evidence-based clinical knowledge of all three cardiometabolic conditions: diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia. Advance performance through individualized practice transformation.
Morning: Collaborate with faculty and fellow family physicians to discuss interventions. Develop your online personalized action plan to improve patient care and transform your practice.
Afternoon: Attend a KSA Working Group on hypertension or afternoon off.
Morning: Speak with expert faculty about the challenges you face when providing quality cardiometabolic care to your patients.
Afternoon: Attend a KSA Working Group on diabetes or afternoon off.
- Participants need to bring a computer or tablet to connect to the online modules to begin work on the performance in practice action plan.
- Course prep and post work is required (practice assessment, patient surveys, and patient chart entry).
- Course Workbook: Upon check-in you will be given a course workbook that contains the syllabus and meeting presentations.