Care of Cardiovascular Conditions
Self-Study Package - 1st Edition
Help Stop the #1 Killer of Adults in America
Discover new ways to treat and manage your patients with cardiovascular conditions with the AAFP’s Care of Cardiovascular Conditions Self-Study Package. This resource tool allows you to both hone your clinical skills and review key issues that include pulmonary hypertension, dyslipidemia, sleep apnea and heart disease, valvular heart disease, pediatric hypertension, and more—on a schedule that works best for you—in a variety of formats.
This dynamic, 24-session video self-study was recorded from the AAFP Care of Cardiovascular Conditions live course. Use it to improve patient satisfaction while learning the latest required updates, focusing on the treatment of cardiovascular disease, and gain knowledge you can immediately apply in practice.
View full topic list »
This self-study package is approved for up to 25 AAFP Prescribed credits. CME credit approved through April 2, 2021.
View all statements and agreements »
- 24 video presentations, 30-60 minutes each
- CME reporting and evaluation option after each presentation
- Interactive interface with QuestionPause™ during presentations
- Full-color, 313-page syllabus
- Online post-test*
- USB flash drive with video and audio files plus syllabus (online premium package only)
- Audio CDs of presentations (online premium package only)
- Customized learning option with multiple ways to work through the material:
- Continuous Play - audio and video with speaker slides
- QuestionPause Play - simulate the live course environment, answering questions as you go
Audio (online premium package only)
- Standard CD Play - listen from your home, office, or car
- MP3 Audio - rip to your MP3 player and learn on the go
*Post-test MUST be completed to claim CME credit.
Estimated time to complete package: 25 hours
Choose the package that's right for you:
This package includes:
- online access to content
- downloadable PDF syllabus
- full-color printed syllabus
- USB flash drive with content files
- audio CDs of presentations
PC, Mac, smartphone, and tablet compatible.
Note: Access to online content ends April 2, 2021.
Upon completion of this CME activity, you should be able to:
- Assess cardiovascular risk in patients, and formulate strategies to educate and counsel patients on behavior modification to reduce the degree of risk.
- Construct evidence-based strategies to diagnose and manage common cardiovascular conditions, including: heart failure, coronary artery disease, hypertension and lipid disorders, cardiomyopathy, atrial fibrillation and other dysrhythmias, vascular disease, venous thromboembolic disease, and more.
- Communicate effectively to ensure patient understanding of diagnosis and treatment recommendations, including ongoing follow-up care as applicable.
- Recognize when to refer or consult with other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
- Anticoagulation Management Update: The Old and New Frontier
- Cardiac Dysrhythmias: Part 1 Atrial Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Imaging and Stress Testing
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Case Studies in Syncope
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- DVT, PE, AAA: ABC's of Vascular Emergencies
- EKG Interpretation
- Heart Failure Diagnosis and Management: Maximizing Heart Health
- Hypertension: Screening and Management
- Ischemic Heart Disease/Acute Coronary Syndrome: The Heart Has Its Seasons
- Marfan Syndrome and other Connective Tissue Disorders
- Palliative Management of Heart Failure
- Pediatric Heart Murmurs
- Pediatric Hypertension
- Perioperative Risk Evaluation
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Sleep Apnea and Heart Disease
- Smoking Cessation Strategies
- Sudden Cardiac Death: Screening and Prevention
- Type II Diabetes Mellitus and Prediabetes
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- High-speed broadband connection required for online access.
- Latest version of Internet Explorer(www.microsoft.com), Firefox(www.mozilla.org), Safari(www.apple.com), or Chrome(www.google.com) on Windows or Macintosh computers or tablets.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader(get.adobe.com).
- Adobe Flash(get.adobe.com) is required to view presentations and videos on Windows or Macintosh computers or tablets.
- USB drive (for flash drive)
This Enduring Material activity, Care of Cardiovascular Conditions - 1st Edition, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins April 3, 2018. Term of approval is for three years from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Enduring Material activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »