Wednesday, June 5 - Saturday, June 8, 2019 | New Orleans, LA
Care of Cardiovascular Conditions Live Course
Save $100 when you register by May 4.
Help stop the #1 killer of adults in America. Discover new ways to treat and manage your patients with cardiovascular conditions with clinical topics including hypertension updates, smoking cessation strategies, vascular emergencies, and more.
Attend Care of Cardiovascular Conditions
Wednesday, June 5 - Saturday, June 8, 2019
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans Marriott
EARLY BIRD FEE
may 4, 2019.
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $845
Student or Resident
Early Bird $645
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $1,195
Earning CME Credit
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess cardiovascular risk in patients, and formulate strategies to educate and counsel patients on behavior modification to reduce the degree of risk.
- Construct evidence-based strategies to diagnose and manage common cardiovascular conditions, including: heart failure, coronary artery disease, hypertension and lipid disorders, cardiomyopathy, atrial fibrillation and other dysrhythmias, vascular disease, venous thromboembolic disease, and more.
- Communicate effectively to ensure patient understanding of diagnosis and treatment recommendations, including ongoing follow-up care as applicable.
- Recognize when to refer or consult with other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
|Wednesday, June 5|
|Wednesday, June 5 : 6:30 - 7:30 a.m.||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, June 5 : 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, June 5 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, June 5 : 1:30 - 5:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, June 6|
|Thursday, June 6: 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, June 6: 7:40 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, June 6: 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, June 6: 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday, June 7|
|Friday, June 7: 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, June 7: 7:40 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, June 7: 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, June 7: 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday, June 8|
|Saturday, June 8 : 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, June 8 : 7:40 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, June 8 : 12:15 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Imaging & Stress Testing
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Wellness for Physicians
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Diabetes: Type 2 and Prediabetes
- Health Equity in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Heart Failure: Diagnosis & Management (HFpEF/HFrEF)
- Hyperlipidemia: Beyond Statins
- Hypertension: Diagnosis & Treatment of Hypertensive Urgency & Emergency
- Hypertension: Treatment of Resistant Hypertension
- Palliative Management of Heart Failure
- Pediatric Heart Murmurs
- Pediatric Hypertension
- Perioperative Risk Evaluation
- Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS): Use & Benefits in Primary Care
- Smoking Cessation Strategies
- Sudden Cardiac Death: Screening & Prevention
- Syncope: Case Study
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Vascular Emergencies (DVT/PE)
Optional sessions will be available on Thursday and Friday afternoon during the course. Separate registration and fee required to attend a session. Topics and times will be announced when they are confirmed and registrants will be notified. CME credit includes these sessions.
Registration includes online access to the full-color syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the full-color syllabus may be purchased for $79.95 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
New Orleans Marriott(book.passkey.com)
555 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone: (888) 771-4429
For phone reservations, identify that you are part of the Care of Cardiovascular Conditions event staying at the New Orleans Marriott and indicate your desired dates.
$209 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- May 4, 2019
New Orleans Marriott is on the edge of NOLA's French Quarter, within walking distance of famous attractions including the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, the Garden District and Harrah's Casino. Many accommodations also offer incredible views of Canal Street and the French Quarter.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after May 4, 2019, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- New Orleans Marriott guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will be charged for first night's guestroom and tax charge at the time of reservation.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Complimentary basic wireless internet access in guest rooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- 20% discount on valet cost
This Live activity, Care of Cardiovascular Conditions, with a beginning date of June 5, 2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »