Wednesday, September 26 - Saturday, September 29, 2018 | Tampa/St Petersburg (Clearwater Beach), FL
Care of Chronic Conditions Live Course
Save $100 when you register by August 27.
Care of Chronic Conditions offers everything you need to stay current in your practice. Learn the latest information on the skills you use every day in sessions, such as anticoagulant therapy, back pain, and more.
Attend Care of
Wednesday, September 26 - Saturday, September 29, 2018
Tampa/St Petersburg (Clearwater Beach), FL
Sheraton Sand Key Resort
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH
August 27, 2018.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
Approved for up to 25.5 AAFP Prescribed credits. Credits include optional sessions. View CME credit statements»
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat and manage chronic diseases.
- Formulate strategies to educate and counsel patients on behavior modification of factors such as nutrition, physical activity, smoking and alcohol use.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to chronic diseases, including cultural competency, literacy skills and access to services or care.
- Implement tools to manage chronic care in practice and help patients control chronic illnesses, which may include practice transformation and/or quality improvement activities.
|Wednesday, September 26, 2018|
|Wednesday, September 26, 2018 : 6:45 - 7:45 a.m.||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, September 26, 2018 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, September 26, 2018 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, September 26, 2018 : 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, September 27, 2018|
|Thursday, September 27, 2018: 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, September 27, 2018: 7:55 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, September 27, 2018: 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, September 27, 2018: 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday, September 28, 2018|
|Friday, September 28, 2018: 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, September 28, 2018: 7:55 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, September 28, 2018: 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, September 28, 2018: 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday, September 29, 2018|
|Saturday, September 29, 2018 : 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, September 29, 2018 : 7:55 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, September 29, 2018 : 12:30 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
- Alzheimer’s Dementia
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Childhood Obesity
- Chronic Back Pain Management – Case Study
- Chronic Opioid Therapy - Update
- Chronic Kidney Disease (SDH)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Depression Screening and Management
- Diabetes Update
- Hyper & Hypothyroidism
- Hypertension Update
- Herbal Therapies & Nutrition Supplements
- High Risk Medication Use in the Elderly and Deprescribing
- Osteoarthritis: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia
- Physician Wellness & Resilience: Management of the Difficult Patient (2 Part)
- Preventive Care - Immunizations
- Preventive Care for the LGBTQ Population
- Recurrent Stroke Prevention
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a optional session. Register now »
ECG Interpretation (Basic and Advanced)
(#101) Thursday, September 27, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. or
(#103) Friday, September 28, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Describe the normal cardiac anatomy and physiology, and normal electrical conduction through the heart.
- Recognize various dysrhythmias on ECG and relate cause, significance, symptoms and treatment (using audience response system).
- Apply basic ECG interpretation skills to advanced rhythms including heart block, tachyarrhythmias, and rhythms in cardiac arrest.
- Discuss clinical management of patients
(#102) Thursday, September 27, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Identify the key components of the definition, spirit, and focus of motivational interviewing.
- Describe the skills used to facilitate behavior change through conversation.
- Utilize one strategy for enhancing motivation with patients.
- Role play with other participants to practice techniques discussed.
(#104) Friday, September 28, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Discuss the diagnostic and therapeutic rationale for joint injections being performed.
- Explain the risks and benefits of joint injections.
- Describe appropriate equipment/supplies for performing joint injections.
- Using models, perform joint injections.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Sheraton Sand Key Resort(goo.gl)
1160 Gulf Blvd
Clearwater Beach, FL 33767
Phone: (800) 456-7263
Rate: $165 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- August 27, 2018
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after August 27, 2017, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Sheraton Sand Key Resort guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
This live activity, Care of Chronic Conditions, with a beginning date of September 26, 2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.5 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »