Wednesday, September 9 - Saturday, September 12, 2020 | Hilton Head Island, SC
Care of Chronic Conditions Live Course
Register by August 10 to save $100.
Worry-free registration: We understand that in light of COVID-19 you may be hesitant to register for an in-person event, so we have updated our cancellation policy. You can cancel your Care of Chronic Conditions registration at any time, for any reason up to the day before the meeting, and we will issue you a full refund of your registration fee. Please note that this modified cancelation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your worry-free registration.
Care of Chronic Conditions offers everything you need to stay current in your practice. Learn the latest information on the skills you use every day.
Care of Chronic Conditions
September 9-12, 2020
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island
Hilton Head Island, SC
This course is also available as a livestream. Learn more.
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $845
Student or Resident
Early Bird $645
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $1,195
Early bird ends August 10.
Approved for up to 26 AAFP Prescribed credits - 20 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in the optional sessions (additional fees and registration apply). View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat and manage chronic diseases.
- Formulate strategies to educate and counsel patients on behavior modification of factors such as nutrition, physical activity, smoking and alcohol use.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to chronic diseases, including cultural competency, literacy skills and access to services or care.
- Implement tools to manage chronic care in practice and help patients control chronic illnesses, which may include practice transformation and/or quality improvement activities.
|Wednesday: 6:30 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday: 1:30 - 5:45 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Session* or Afternoon on Your Own|
|Friday: 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Session* or Afternoon on Your Own|
|Saturday : 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday : 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
- Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in the Family Medicine Practice
- Anxiety Disorders
- Care Management Cases (RSCM, CCM, and General Care Management)
- Childhood Obesity
- Chronic Back Pain Management
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Diabetes Updates
- Heart Failure
- High Risk Medication Use in the Elderly and Deprescribing
- Hyper and Hypothyroidism
- Immunizations: 2020 ACIP Update
- Liver Function Tests: Alk Phos and Other Liver Abnormalities
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Recurrent Stroke Prevention
- Shared Decision-Making: More is Actually Better
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Updates
Optional sessions will be available on Thursday and Friday afternoon during the course. Separate registration and fee required to attend a session. Registration will open soon and registrants will be notified when they open.
Registration includes online access to the full-color syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the full-color syllabus may be purchased for $79.95 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island(gc.synxis.com)
130 Shipyard Drive
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Phone: (800) 766-3782
$169 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
+ $10 resort fee per day
Accommodation Cutoff -- August 10, 2020
Enjoy the charm and warmth of one of the finest hotels in Hilton Head Island. Nestled along the coast with stunning views and lush landscapes the award-winning Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island is a premier destination for getaways, gatherings or business.
Walk along the beach, or stroll through our verdant, tropical gardens. Dine at one of our multiple restaurants, but not before wading into our zero-entry lagoon swimming pool. Pamper your body and senses with a trip to our Arum Spa. Or venture outside to find some of the best activities on the island at your disposal from golf, tennis and kayaking to shopping, bike riding and exploring the natural wonders of Hilton Head.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after August 10, 2020, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Complimentary internet access in guest rooms of up to three devices
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- Complimentary self-parking
- Complimentary shuttle service to nearby restaurants and shopping districts (Thursday and Friday evenings only.)
- Complimentary access to the Tech Lounge equipped with two computers and printers
- Access to heated outdoor pool, hot tub, and pool towel service
- In-room Keurig coffee maker
- Select Just Us Kids and resort activities
- Daily newspaper, available by request
- Unlimited island-wide local calls
This Live activity, Care of Chronic Conditions, with a beginning date of September 9, 2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 26 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »