Wednesday, September 9 - Saturday, September 12, 2020
Care of Chronic Conditions Livestream
Register by August 10 to save $100.
Experience streaming from your home or office. As a family physician, you see your fair share of chronic conditions. Keep up to date and immediately implement skills and recommendations from this evidence-based, family medicine-specific CME course. Empower your care with helpful tools and insights from instructors who practice what they teach.
Care of Chronic Conditions
September 9-12, 2020
Streaming from Hilton Head Island, SC
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $845
Student or Resident
Early Bird $645
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $1,195
Early bird ends August 10.
Approved for up to 23 AAFP Prescribed credits - 20 for attending the course and another 3 for participating in the optional session (additional fee and registration apply). View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat and manage chronic diseases.
- Formulate strategies to educate and counsel patients on behavior modification of factors such as nutrition, physical activity, smoking and alcohol use.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to chronic diseases, including cultural competency, literacy skills and access to services or care.
- Implement tools to manage chronic care in practice and help patients control chronic illnesses, which may include practice transformation and/or quality improvement activities.
|Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday: 1:30 - 5:45 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Session* or Afternoon on Your Own|
|Friday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Session* or Afternoon on Your Own|
|Saturday : 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
- Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in the Family Medicine Practice
- Anxiety Disorders
- Care Management Cases (RSCM, CCM, and General Care Management)
- Childhood Obesity
- Chronic Back Pain Management
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Diabetes Updates
- Heart Failure
- High Risk Medication Use in the Elderly and Deprescribing
- Hyper and Hypothyroidism
- Immunizations: 2020 ACIP Update
- Liver Function Tests: Alk Phos and Other Liver Abnormalities
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Recurrent Stroke Prevention
- Shared Decision-Making: More is Actually Better
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Updates
Registration includes online access to the syllabus one week before the course.
You may purchase a copy of the full-color printed syllabus for $99.95 (includes shipping and handling) until 12 p.m. (CT) on Thursday, September 3. Shipping and handling costs will reflect the fees necessary to get the syllabus to you by no later than the end of day on Tuesday, September 8.
What should I expect after I register for livestream?
Initially, you will receive a confirmation email with the exact dates and times of the livestream activity.
On Wednesday, September 2 (one week before the course), you will receive a reminder email and link to a course resource web page that contains everything necessary for you to participate in the live streaming course: log-in information for streaming, log-in to the audience engagement system, a link to download or view the course syllabus, link to the evaluation and report CME, and helpful tips to guide you in successful preparation for taking an online streaming course.
What are the system requirements for the livestream?
For ideal viewing and participation, the learner should have access to the following:
- Adobe Flash Plug-in
- Internet Explorer 9+, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
- High speed internet connection
- Also compatible with iOS (Apple) and Android based tablets and smartphones
Will the live presentations be recorded?
The live presentations will be recorded. You will receive an email from Digitell, Inc., our streaming provider, with the link to the recordings about 2 weeks after the course. You will have unlimited access to these sessions for 90 days.
What if I want to cancel my livestream registration?
What if I'm not satisfied with the livestream experience?
Please contact the AAFP Member Resource Center at 800-274-2237 or email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. CT, Monday, September 14, 2020.
Note: This livestream course is eligible for up to 23 Prescribed credits that includes the optional session. The credit below includes the additional hands on optional sessions that is only available on site at the course in Hilton Head Island, SC.
This Live activity, Care of Chronic Conditions, with a beginning date of September 9, 2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 26 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »