Wednesday, November 14 - Saturday, November 17, 2018 | Bonita Springs, FL
Emergency and Urgent Care Live Course
Save $100 when you register by October 14.
Improve patient satisfaction while learning the latest required emergency care updates. Learn best practices on relevant clinical topics, including acute respiratory infections, opioid management, and more.
Attend Emergency and Urgent Care
Wednesday, November 14- Saturday, November 17, 2018
Fort Myers/Naples (Bonita Springs), FL
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH
OCTOBER 14, 2018.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
Earning CME Credit
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare treatment plans for patients who present to emergency departments and/or urgent care clinics.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients with acute health needs affecting any number of body systems, including cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, maternity, psychological, or musculoskeletal conditions.
- Incorporate emergency plans into practice, including written protocols and necessary equipment/tools for treatment.
|Wednesday, November 14, 2018|
|Wednesday, November 14, 2018 : 6:30 - 7:30 a.m.||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, November 14, 2018 : 7:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, November 14, 2018 : 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, November 14, 2018 : 1:45 - 5:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, November 15, 2018|
|Thursday, November 15, 2018: 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, November 15, 2018: 7:40 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, November 15, 2018: 12:15 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, November 15, 2018: 1:30 - 6:00 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday, November 16, 2018|
|Friday, November 16, 2018: 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, November 16, 2018: 7:40 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, November 16, 2018: 12:15 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, November 16, 2018: 1:30 - 6:00 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday, November 17, 2018|
|Saturday, November 17, 2018 : 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, November 17, 2018 : 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, November 17, 2018 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
* Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
- Adolescent Depression & Suicide
- Animal Bites & Stings
- Medical-Legal Considerations in the Emergency Department & Urgent Care
- Common Skin Rashes
- Blast Topic: Electrolyte Imbalance – Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Calcium
- Care of Transgender Patients in the ER & Urgent Care
- Cellulitis & Cellulitis Mimics
- Dental Pain & Injuries
- Dizziness & Vertigo
- Dysuria & Urinary Tract Infections
- Fatal Headaches
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies – Acute Abdominal Pain
- HIV Prophylaxis Guidelines
- International Traveler Disease Recognition Update
- Metacognition and Medical Decision Making: Taking Steps to Avoid Bias
- Interventions to Abandon in the ER/Urgent Care
- OB Emergencies
- Pediatric Emergencies
- STOP Sports Injuries: Pediatric Overuse Injury Prevention & Treatment
- Stroke & Stroke Mimics
- Top 10 Hot Topics this Year
- Vascular Emergencies
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a optional session. Register now »
ECG Interpretation (Basic)
(#101) Thursday, November 15, 2018, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Describe the normal cardiac anatomy and physiology, and normal electrical conduction through the heart.
- Recognize various dysrhythmias on ECG and relate cause, significance, symptoms and treatment.
(#102) Thursday, November 15, 2018, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Explain the principles of mindful practice.
- Identify ways the mindfulness based interventions may help both self-wellbeing, and improve patient outcomes.
- Determine ways to incorporate mindfulness within your own practice.
- Practice contemplative exercises including self-awareness and reflective questioning.
Point of Care Ultrasound (Basic Skills & FAST Exam)
(#103) Thursday, November 15, 2018, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. or
(#106) Friday, November 16, 2018, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Identify the most common conditions and injuries that are detectable with ultrasound.
- Explain how bedside ultrasound may be used to reduce the time to actionable diagnosis.
- Show the regions and probe positions of the FAST exam.
- Interpret diagnostic imaging results and render treatment accordingly.
Point of Care Ultrasound (Vascular Access)
(#104) Thursday, November 15, 2018, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. or
(#107) Friday, November 16, 2018, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Explain the benefits and applications for ultrasound-guided vascular access
- Demonstrate equipment set-up and probe positioning
- Demonstrate proper needle guidance technique
ECG Interpretation (Advanced)
(#105) Friday, November 16, 2018, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Apply basic ECG interpretation skills to advanced rhythms including heart block, tachyarrhythmias, and rhythms in cardiac arrest.
- Discuss clinical management of patients experiencing abnormal ECG rhythms.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa(aws.passkey.com)
5001 Coconut Road
Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Phone: (888) 421-1442
Rate: $199 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- October 14, 2018
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after October 14, 2018, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Waived resort fee (valued at $25 per room per night)
- Complimentary wireless internet access in guest rooms.
- Complimentary access to fitness center.
- Complimentary self-parking for attendees.
This Live activity, Emergency and Urgent Care, with a beginning date of October 14, 2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 26.25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 26.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »