Wednesday, July 8 - Saturday, July 11, 2020 | St. Louis, MO
Emergency and Urgent Care Live Course
Register by June 8 to save $100.
Worry-free registration: We understand that in light of COVID-19 you may be hesitant to register for an in-person event, so we have updated our cancellation policy. You can cancel your Emergency and Urgent Care registration at any time, for any reason up to the day before the meeting, and we will issue you a full refund of your registration fee. Please note that this modified cancelation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your worry-free registration.
During urgent care and emergency visits, it’s crucial to know the latest treatment options. The Emergency and Urgent Care live course features expert faculty presenting high-quality CME developed specifically for family physicians. Improve your skills in a number of clinical topic areas, including syncope, assessment of acutely ill elderly patient, and acute pain management.
Emergency and Urgent Care
July 8-11, 2020
St. Louis, MO
St. Louis Union Station Hotel
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $845
Student or Resident
Early Bird $645
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $1,195
Early bird ends June 8.
Approved for up to 26 AAFP Prescribed credits - 20 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in optional sessions (additional fees and registration apply). View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare treatment plans for patients who may require hospital inpatient care or referral to emergency departments, or urgent care for acute health conditions.
- Assess the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients who may present with any number of conditions, including maternity, psychological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory or neurological care.
- Incorporate emergency plans into practice, including written protocols and necessary equipment/tools for treatment.
Download the complete schedule(4 page PDF), which includes session times, topics, and faculty.
|Wednesday: 6:30 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday: 1:30 - 5:45 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday: 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday : 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday : 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
* Separate registration and fee required.
- Acute Abdominal Pain
- Acute Foot Injuries
- Acute, Markedly Elevated Blood Pressure
- Animal Bites & Stings
- Approach to the Agitated Patient in the ED and Acute Care Setting
- Assessment of the Acutely Ill Elderly Patient
- Cellulitis and Cellulitis Mimics
- Common Acute Eye Presentations
- Commonly Missed Orthopedic X-Rays
- Dizziness & Vertigo
- Fatal Headaches
- Interventions to Abandon in the ER/UC (Panel)
- Metacognition and Error Avoidance
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Pulmonary Embolism, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Thrombophlebitis
- Respiratory Failure
- Sepsis Recognition and ER Management
- Syncope: An Innovative Approach to Assessment in the ER/UC
- Top 10 Hot Topics This Year
- Vascular Emergencies
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a optional session. Register now »
ECG Interpretation (Basic)
(#101) Thursday, July 9, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Identify basic arrhythmias.
- Using a systematic approach, accurately interpret an ECG.
POCUS: Focused Lung, Musculoskeletal and Vascular Scans
(#102) Thursday, July 9, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. or
(#104) Friday, July 10, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Describe the typical POCUS findings of pneumothorax, pneumonia or pulmonary edema, and pleural effusion.
- Explain the technique, and obtain standard POCUS views of the shoulder, rotator cuff, knee and wrist to help guide evaluation and injections.
- Perform a focused DVT rule-out in the deep venous system of the lower extremity.
ECG Interpretation (Advanced)
(#103) Friday, July 10, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Systematically analyze ECG results for subtle fatal conditions.
- Identify cardiac infarct precursors in an ECG.
- Point out ECG findings of pulmonary embolism.
Registration includes online access to the full-color syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the full-color syllabus may be purchased for $79.95 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
St. Louis Union Station Hotel(group.curiocollection.com)
1820 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: (800) 774-1500
$169 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- June 8, 2020
In a castle-style building overlooking a grand fountain, this refined hotel in a former railway terminal is 3 miles from the Gateway Arch and 17 miles from St. Louis International Airport.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after June 8, 2020, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- St. Louis Union Station Hotel guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Complimentary internet access in guest rooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- Discounted self-parking to $15 per day per car
- 10% off tickets in the concessions for the Ferris Wheel and Aquarium
This Live activity, Emergency and Urgent Care, with a beginning date of July 8, 2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 26 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »