Tuesday, June 23 - Saturday, June 27, 2020 | Atlanta, GA
Family Medicine Update Live Course
Register by May 26 to save $100.
Worry-free registration: We understand that in light of COVID-19 you may be hesitant to register for an in-person event, so we have updated our cancellation policy. You can cancel your Famiy Medicine Update registration at any time, for any reason up to the day before the meeting, and we will issue you a full refund of your registration fee. Please note that this modified cancelation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your worry-free registration.
Join us for Family Medicine Update and get helpful insights on honing your skills and implementing the latest methods to improve patient care. Session topics include dementia, community-acquired pneumonia, HIV care, and more.
Family Medicine Update
June 23 - 27, 2020
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Early Bird $1,195
Early Bird $1,145
Student or Resident
Early Bird $875
Early Bird $1,195
Early Bird $1,575
Early bird ends May 26.
Approved for up to 34 AAFP Prescribed credits - 28 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in optional sessions (additional fees and registration apply). View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of common clinical problems seen in family medicine.
- Construct evidence-based strategies to diagnose and treat common conditions in practice.
- Prepare plans to address emerging public health topics that patients may present or be concerned with in practice.
- State current guidelines, USPSTF, AAFP, etc., and screening recommendations for selected clinical problems.
Download the complete schedule(5 page PDF), which includes session times, topics, and faculty.
|Tuesday : 6:30 a.m.||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Tuesday : 7:15 - 11:00 a.m.||General Sessions|
|Tuesday : 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Tuesday : 12:30 - 5:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday: 6:30 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday: 7:25 - 11:30 a.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday: 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday: 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 6:45 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday: 7:25 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday: 6:45 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday: 7:25 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday : 6:45 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday : 7:25 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday : 12:30 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Times are subject to change.
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a optional session. Register now »
(#101) Thursday, June 25, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. or
(#103) Friday, June 28, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Describe the normal cardiac anatomy and physiology, and normal electrical conduction through the heart.
- Recognize various dysrhythmias on ECG and relate cause, significance, symptoms and treatment (using audience response system).
- Apply basic ECG interpretation skills to advanced rhythms including heart block, tachyarrhythmias, and rhythms in cardiac arrest.
- Discuss clinical management of patients experiencing abnormal ECG rhythms.
(#102) Thursday, June 25, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. or
(#104) Friday, June 26, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Discuss the diagnostic and therapeutic rationale for joint injections being performed.
- Explain the risks and benefits of joint injections.
- Describe appropriate equipment/supplies for performing joint injections.
- Using models, perform joint injections.
- ACIP 2020 – Immunization Update
- Acupuncture for Pain
- Allergy Testing: Common Questions and Answers
- Appropriate Use of Imaging for Abdominal Pain - Case Discussions
- Bariatric Surgery – Lots of Options! Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Bipolar Disorder: Diagnosis and Management
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: The End of Aspirin Use for Primary Prevention
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Determining Safe Treatment in the Outpatient Setting
- Dementia: What Leads to Brain Cell Damage?
- Diabetic Kidney Disease: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
- Hepatitis C: Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment
- HIV Screening and Prevention
- Insomnia Drugs and the Pitfalls
- Meniscal Injury Across the Age Spectrum
- Over the Counter Drug Review
- Peptic Ulcer Disease, Non-ulcer Dyspepsia, and Helicobacter Pylori
- Pharmacotherapy 2020
- Polypharmacy: Deprescribing for Patient Safety
- Postpartum Major Depression
- Preventing Falls in Older Persons
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Common Questions About Diagnosis and Management
- Shoulder Pain Management: An Approach to Non-traumatic Shoulder Pain
- Skin Cancer and Premalignant Skin Lesions: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Spinal Stenosis: What You Need to Know
- Syncope: Case Studies
- Top 20 Poems of the Past 20 Years
- Transgender Health Care
- Update on Sports Related Concussion: What do I need to Know?
- Urinary Tract Infections
- US Preventive Services Task Force 2020
Registration includes online access to the full-color syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the full-color syllabus may be purchased for $79.95 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead(www.hyatt.com)
3300 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone: (877) 803-7354
$199 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- May 26, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia is the South's most exciting destination, with hot restaurants, cool neighborhoods, world-class shopping, sports, concerts and attractions. And Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead is your perfect home base! While you're with us, find a quiet moment in our serene Japanese Zen Garden, work out in our 24- hour StayFit gym or relax by our seasonal outdoor pool deck.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after May 26, 2020, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will be charged for first night's guestroom and tax charge at the time of reservation.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Internet access in guest rooms
- Access to fitness center
- Discounted self-parking at $22 per day
This Live activity, Family Medicine Update, with a beginning date of June 23, 2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 34 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 34 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »