Wednesday, October 10, 2018 | New Orleans, LA
KSA Working Group on Hypertension
Save when you register by July 27.
Easily fulfill the 60-question Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA), formerly SAM, with this one-day session that meets your ABFM’s Family Medicine Certification Self-Assessment Activities requirement.
- Review 60 core competency questions with experienced family physician faculty, and decide the best answer with your colleagues.
- The AAFP reports your answers directly to the ABFM on your behalf.
- Approved for up to 8 AAFP Prescribed credits.
Attend KSA Working Group on Hypertension
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
7:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH
July 27, 2018.
Early Bird $195
Early Bird $170
Student or Resident
Early Bird $145
Early Bird $265
Upon completion of this KSA, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge in:
- Pharmacologic management of hypertension
- Nonpharmacologic management of hypertension
- Diagnosis and risk stratification of the hypertensive patient
- Recognition and management of hypertensive crisis
- Recognition and evaluation of the secondary causes of hypertension
- Management of hypertension in the patient with comorbid illness
- Management of hypertension in special populations
Janice Daugherty, MD, FAAFP, Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
Jonathon Firnhaber, MD, FAAFP, Associate Professor, Residency Director, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course and a hard copy syllabus available on site. Additional information will be provided by email.
The course will take place at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center during AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX) annual meeting. You do not need to be registered for AAFP FMX in order to attend this course.
You will need to contact a hotel directly to make arrangements for your accommodations during this course. View list of AAFP FMX hotels.
This Live activity, KSA Working Group - Hypertension, with a beginning date of October 10, 2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 8 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »
Questions? View FAQ on KSA Working Groups »