Wednesday, November 7 - Saturday, November 10, 2018 | Las Vegas, NV
Child and Adolescent Health Live Course
Save $100 when you register by October 8.
Child and Adolescent Health offers everything you need to stay current in your practice. Learn the latest information on the skills you use every day in sessions, such as Celiac Disease, Autism, nutritional supplements, skin rashes, and more.
Attend Child and Adolescent Health
Wednesday, November 7 - Saturday, November 10, 2018
Las Vegas (Henderson), NV
Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH
OCTOBER 8, 2018.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
Approved for up to 25.5 AAFP Prescribed credits - 19.5 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in optional sessions (additional fees and registration apply). View CME credit statement »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve adherence to evidence-based clinical guidelines in practice.
- Synthesize appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan for common pediatric conditions in both the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with the patient and the patient’s caregiver to ensure that diagnosis and treatment recommendations are understood.
- Recognize when to refer to or consult with other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018 : 6:30 - 7:30 a.m.||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018 : 7:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018 : 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018 : 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018: 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018: 7:55 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018: 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018: 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday, November 9, 2018|
|Friday, November 9, 2018: 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, November 9, 2018: 7:55 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, November 9, 2018: 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, November 9, 2018: 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday, November 10, 2018|
|Saturday, November 10, 2018 : 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, November 10, 2018 : 7:55 - 11.45 a.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, November 10, 2018 : 11:45 a.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: Screening & Management
- Bullying, Violence & Suicide
- Childhood Obesity
- Concussion & Return to Play Guidelines
- Contraception Management
- Cyber Safety
- Depression in Adolescents
- Failure to Thrive
- Food Allergies & Sensitivities
- New Drugs of Abuse
- Nutrition Supplements & CAM Therapies
- Pediatric Asthma
- Pediatric Emergencies
- Pediatric Heart Murmurs
- Pediatric Hypertension
- Pediatric Immunizations
- Pediatric Urinary Tract Infections
- Skin Rashes in Children
- Sports Pre-participation Screening
- Top 10 New Things I’ve Learned
- Type 2 Diabetes in Children
- USPSTF Updates 2018
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a optional session. Register now »
Splinting and Casting
(#101) Thursday, November 8, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. or
(#104) Friday, November 9, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Compare splinting vs casting and identify common conditions treated with appropriate splints and casts.
- Demonstrate effective application of common splints and casts.
- Describe proper patient education for cast and splint care.
(#102) Thursday, November 8, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Identify the key components of the definition, spirit, and focus of motivational interviewing.
- Describe the skills used to facilitate behavior change through conversation.
- Utilize one strategy for enhancing motivation with patients.
- Role play with other participants to practice techniques discussed.
Sideline Management Assessment Response Techniques (S.M.A.R.T.)
(#103) Thursday, November 8, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. or
(#105) Friday, November 9, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Appropriately manage, on the field, an athlete with a suspected acute spinal injury.
- Appropriately manage, on the field, an athlete with a suspected acute fracture and/or dislocation.
- Perform a musculoskeletal evaluation of the upper and lower extremities on individuals wearing protective athletic equipment.
- Access an individual’s readiness to return to physical activities utilizing a progression of functional activities and concussion screening techniques.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa, & Casino(aws.passkey.com)
2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89052
Phone: (702) 617-7777
Rate: $160 Single/Double Occupancy
+ $15 daily resort fee
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- October 16, 2018
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
- Reservations made after October 16, 2018, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa & Casino guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
This Live activity, Child and Adolescent Health, with a beginning date of November 7, 2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.5 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »