Wednesday, November 7 - Saturday, November 10, 2018 | Las Vegas, NV
Adult Medicine Live Course
Register by October 8 to save $100
Explore a wide array of topics to help your better evaluate, treat, and manage adult patients practice at the AAFP Adult Medicine live course. Hear from leading experts on diabetes, the care of transgender patients, heart failure, contraceptives, HIV complications, and more.
Attend Adult Medicine
Wednesday, November 7 - Saturday, November 10, 2018
Las Vegas (Henderson), NV
Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa, & Casino
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH
October 8, 2018.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
Approved for up to 25.5 AAFP Prescribed credits - 19.5 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in optional sessions (additional fees and registration apply). View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve adherence to evidence-based clinical guidelines in practice.
- Synthesize appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan for common adult conditions in both the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with the patient to ensure that diagnosis and treatment recommendations are understood.
- Recognize when to refer to or consult with other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
- Asthma in Adults
- Cancer Controversy: (Breast, Lung and Prostate Cancers) To Screen or Not to Screen
- Care of Transgender Patients
- Celiac Disease - Diagnosis and Management
- Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Complex Case Studies – Panel Discussion
- Contraceptives: 2016 US Selected Practice Recommendations
- Diabetes Updates
- Diets and Nutrition Supplements
- Endocrine Disorders
- Fatty Liver Disease (Nonalcoholic)
- Hepatitis C
- High Value Care
- HIV Complications: The current state of treatment and management
- Hypertension Update
- Key Prevention Updates (USPSTF)
- Perioperative Evaluation
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Update: Screening and Treatment
- Thyroid Disorders
- Top 10 New Things I’ve Learned
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018 : 6:30 - 7:30 a.m.||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018 : 7:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018 : 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, November 7, 2018 : 1:45 - 5:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018: 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018: 7:55 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018: 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, November 8, 2018: 1:45 - 5:00 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday, November 9, 2018|
|Friday, November 9, 2018 : 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, November 9, 2018 : 7:55 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, November 9, 2018 : 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, November 9, 2018 : 1:45 - 4:45 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday, November 10, 2018|
|Saturday, November 10, 2018 : 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, November 10, 2018 : 7:55 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, November 10, 2018 : 12:15 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a optional session. Register now »
ECG Interpretation (Basic and Advanced)
(#101) Thursday, November 8, 2018, 1:45 – 4:45 p.m. or
(#104) Friday, November 9, 2018, 1:45 – 4:45 p.m.
- Describe the normal cardiac anatomy and physiology, and normal electrical conduction through the heart.
- Recognize various dysrhythmias on ECG and relate cause, significance, symptoms and treatment (using audience response system).
- Apply basic ECG interpretation skills to advanced rhythms including heart block, tachyarrhythmias, and rhythms in cardiac arrest.
- Discuss clinical management of patients experiencing abnormal ECG rhythms.
(#102) Thursday, November 8, 2018, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Identify the key components of the definition, spirit, and focus of motivational interviewing.
- Describe the skills used to facilitate behavior change through conversation.
- Utilize one strategy for enhancing motivation with patients.
- Role play with other participants to practice techniques discussed.
(#103) Friday, November 9, 2018, 1:45 – 4:45 p.m.
- Integrate the two-step algorithm with dermoscopic examination of skin lesions to determine the need for a biopsy.
- Evaluate different skin lesions using dermoscopy to identify patterns of skin cancer.
- Explain the application of the three types of dermoscopic techniques: 1) classic or standard contact, 2) polarized contact; and 3) polarized non-contact.
- Utilize dermoscopy to differentiate benign nevi from melanoma
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa, & Casino(aws.passkey.com)
2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89052
Phone: (702) 617-7777
Rate: $160 Single/Double Occupancy
+ $15 daily resort fee
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- October 16, 2018
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after October 16, 2018, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa & Casino guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
This Live activity, Adult Medicine, with a beginning date of November 7, 2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.5 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »