Wednesday, November 6 - Saturday, November 9, 2019 | Las Vegas, NV
Adult Medicine Live Course
Register by October 6 to save $100
Explore a wide array of topics to help your better evaluate, treat, and manage adult patients practice at the AAFP Adult Medicine live course. Hear from leading experts on hyperlipidemia, chronic kidney disease, heart failure, care of transgender patients, cancer controversy, immunizations, deprescribing strategies, and more.
November 6-9, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $845
Student or Resident
Early Bird $645
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $1,195
Early bird ends October 6, 2019.
Approved for up to 25 AAFP Prescribed credits. Additional fees and registration apply for optional sessions and the PCSS-MAT Waiver Training. View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve adherence to evidence-based clinical guidelines in practice.
- Synthesize appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan for common adult conditions in both the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with the patient to ensure that diagnosis and treatment recommendations are understood.
- Recognize when to refer to or consult with other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
|Wednesday, November 6|
|Wednesday, November 6 : 6:30 - 7:30 a.m.||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, November 6 : 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, November 6 : 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, November 6 : 1:00 - 5:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, November 7|
|Thursday, November 7: 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, November 7: 7:40 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, November 7: 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, November 7: 1:30 - 6:15 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday, November 8|
|Friday, November 8: 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, November 8: 7:40 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, November 8: 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, November 8: 1:30 - 6:15 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday, November 9|
|Saturday, November 9 : 7:00 - 7:40 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, November 9 : 7:40 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, November 9 : 12:30 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
- Anticoagulants: Updated Evidence & Guidelines
- Cancer Controversy: (Breast, Lung & Prostate Cancers) To Screen or Not to Screen
- Care of Transgender Patients
- Chronic Kidney Disease (SDH)
- Deprescribing Strategies
- Diabetes Updates
- Diets & Nutrition Supplements
- Dizziness & Vertigo
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Heart Failure: Diagnosis & Management (HFpEF)
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Prevention & PrEP
- Hypertension: Treatment of Resistant Hypertension
- Immunizations: 2019 ACIP Update
- Infestations – lice, scabies, bed bugs
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Overactive Bladder & Urinary Incontinence
- Practice Changing Studies
- Preoperative Evaluation
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Update: Screening & Treatment
- Stroke & TIA
- Thyroid Diseases & Nodules
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend a session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a session. Register now »
(#101) Thursday, November 7, 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Discuss the diagnostic and therapeutic rationale for joint injections being performed.
- Explain the risks and benefits of joint injections.
- Describe appropriate equipment/supplies for performing joint injections.
- Using models, perform joint injections.
(#103) Friday, November 8, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Integrate the two-step algorithm with dermoscopic examination of skin lesions to determine the need for a biopsy.
- Evaluate different skin lesions using dermoscopy to identify patterns of skin cancer.
- Explain the application of the three types of dermoscopic techniques: 1) classic or standard contact, 2) polarized contact; and 3) polarized non-contact.
- Utilize dermoscopy to differentiate benign nevi from melanoma
(#104) Friday, November 8, 3:45-5:45 p.m.
- Demonstrate an understanding of normal nail anatomy and conditions for which nail procedures are typically indicated.
- Assess nail conditions and determine appropriate treatment plans for differing patient populations, based upon evidence-based recommendations.
- Educate patients on appropriate post-operative nail care.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing nail procedures.
PCSS-MAT Waiver Training (Thursday and Friday)
(#102) Thursday, November 7, 2:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. AND Friday, November 8, 2:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
AAFP is working with American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP) to provide this 8 hour MAT waiver training for providers.
PCSS-MAT offers free 8 hour MAT waiver training for providers to prescribe medication for the treatment of opioid use disorder. Physicians require 8 hours of training on medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to obtain a waiver from the Drug Enforcement Agency to prescribe buprenorphine, one of three medications approved by the FDA for the treatment of opioid use disorder. Physician assistants and nurse practitioners must also take the 8 hour MAT waiver training and an additional 16 hours of training, all provided by PCSS-MAT.
PCSS-MAT is a national training and clinical mentoring project developed in response to the opioid use disorder crisis. Learn more about the training(pcssnow.org).
Registration includes online access to the full-color syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the full-color syllabus may be purchased for $79.95 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino(book.passkey.com)
3667 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: (866) 919-7472*
Group Code: SMAMS9
*If making phone reservations, a $15 plus current sales tax fee will be applied.
Rate: $165 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
+ $35 per day resort fee
Accommodation Cutoff -- October 14, 2019
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after October 14, 2019, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will be charged for first night's guestroom and tax at the time of reservation.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- 50% discount on self-parking
This Live activity, Adult Medicine, with a beginning date of November 6, 2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »