Wednesday, September 30 - Saturday, October 3, 2020 | Phoenix, AZ
Adult Medicine Live Course
Register by September 2 to save $100.
Worry-free registration: We understand that in light of COVID-19 you may be hesitant to register for an in-person event, so we have updated our cancellation policy. You can cancel your Adult Medicine registration at any time, for any reason up to the day before the meeting, and we will issue you a full refund of your registration fee. Please note that this modified cancelation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your worry-free registration.
The Adult Medicine course will provide you evidence-based guidelines, recommendations, and resources with regard to the evaluation, treatment and management of Adult Medicine issues.
September 30 - October 3, 2020
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
This course is also available as a livestream. Learn more.
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $845
Student or Resident
Early Bird $645
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $1,195
Early bird ends September 2.
Approved for up to 26 AAFP Prescribed credits - 20 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in the optional sessions (additional fees and registration apply).
View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve adherence to evidence-based clinical guidelines in practice.
- Synthesize appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan for common adult conditions in both the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with the patient to ensure that diagnosis and treatment recommendations are understood.
- Recognize when to refer to or consult with other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
|Wednesday: 7:00 a.m.||Registration and Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday: 1:30 - 5:45 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday: 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday : 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday : 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Times are subject to change.
- ACIP 2020: Immunization Update
- Chronic Functional Abdominal Pain: A Case-Based Review
- Chronic Kidney Disease (SDH)
- Dizziness & Vertigo
- Evaluation and Management (E/M) Update
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Heart Failure: Diagnosis and Management (HFpEF)
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Screening and Prevention
- Hypertension: Treatment of Resistant Hypertension
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Insomnia: Addressing Insomnia and Sleep Disorders in Family Medicine
- Low Back Pain
- Migraine: It Doesn’t Have to Be a Headache
- Practice Changing Studies
- Transgender Health Care
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a optional session. Register now »
(#101) Thursday, October 1, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. or
(#103) Friday, October 2, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Discuss the diagnostic and therapeutic rationale for joint injections being performed.
- Explain the risks and benefits of joint injections.
- Describe appropriate equipment/supplies for performing joint injections.
- Using models, perform joint injections.
(#102) Thursday, October 1, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. or
(#104) Friday, October 2, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Describe the sonographic appearance of normal muscle, tendon and joint spaces.
- Describe the sonographic appearance of muscle tears, tendinopathy and joint effusions.
- Identify the major muscle groups, tendons and joints of the upper and lower extremity.
- Demonstrate use of point of care ultrasound (POCUS) to assess for musculoskeletal conditions.
Registration includes online access to the full-color syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the full-color syllabus may be purchased for $79.95 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort(book.passkey.com)
7677 North 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Phone: (800) 445-8667
Group Code: FPA
$175 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
+ $10 resort fee per day
Accommodation Cutoff -- September 2, 2020
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort is only ten miles (20 minutes) from Sky Harbor International Airport via the Piestewa Peak Parkway (State Hwy 51). Centrally located, Squaw Peak is nestled next to a 300-acre desert mountain preserve.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after September 2, 2020, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Complimentary internet access in guest rooms of up to two devices
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- Complimentary self-parking
This Live activity, Adult Medicine, with a beginning date of September 30, 2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 26 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »