A Performance Improvement Activities Solution
Asthma accounts for more than 10.5 million office visits every year. By 2025, the number of people with asthma will grow to more than 100 million. Identify changes to improve the lives of your asthma patients, and your practice, with this METRIC asthma module that takes you step by step through a performance improvement project aimed at improving patient asthma care.
The program uses your own patient data to evaluate your current quality of patient care and to compare with your peers. It helps you develop an action plan and offers tips, templates and resources to implement that plan, then measures the improvement to patient outcomes. Access to this online performance improvement program is available from any computer and allows you to work individually at your own pace or with other physicians in a group. The program can be used in large quality improvement initiatives across multiple practice sites and METRIC program staff is available to create group data reports and provide other administrative group needs.
METRIC is also a valuable tool for residency program tracking and quality improvement, eliminating project design time on your part. This program builds critical skills in practice-based learning and improvement, an ACGME requirement for residency programs.
Depending on the amount of time available to participate within the activity, the process can take on average from 40 days to 3 months. To meet the ABFM Performance Improvement Activities requirement, it must be completed within 12 months.
About this Module
- Easy to follow, step by step performance improvement program
- Designed for physicians in office-based family medicine practices
- Individual or group participation (CME credits awarded on an individual basis)
- Confidential data collection
- Links to additional resources, evidence based guidelines, and quality improvement methodologies
- Approved by the ABFM as an alternative program to fulfill a Performance Improvement Activity
This Performance Improvement in Practice activity, METRIC: Asthma Improving Patient Care, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 20 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 1/01/2018. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Performance Improvement in Practice activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »
Completion of assessment is required in order to claim CME credit.
- Latest version of Internet Explorer(windows.microsoft.com), Firefox(www.mozilla.org), Safari(www.apple.com), or Chrome(www.google.com) on Windows or Macintosh computers or tablets for online version.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader(get.adobe.com).
- Adobe Flash(get.adobe.com) is required to view presentations and videos on Windows or Macintosh computers or tablets.
- High-speed broadband connection required for online version.
Purchase this module
AAFP Members: Free
Allied Health Professionals: $125