Wednesday, November 4 - Saturday, November 7, 2020 | Orlando, FL
Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician Live Course
Register by October 5 to save $100.
Worry-free registration: We understand that in light of COVID-19 you may be hesitant to register for an in-person event, so we have updated our cancellation policy. You can cancel your Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician registration at any time, for any reason up to the day before the meeting, and we will issue you a full refund of your registration fee. Please note that this modified cancelation policy is subject to change, so book now to secure your worry-free registration.
Stay current in your care of patients with common neurodevelopmental and behavioral health conditions. Learn best practices in common and gain knowledge you can immediately apply in practice.
Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician
November 4-7, 2020
Orlando (Lake Buena Vista), FL
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $845
Student or Resident
Early Bird $645
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $1,195
Early bird ends October 5.
Approved for up to 26 AAFP Prescribed credits - 20 for attending the course and another 6 for participating in optional sessions (additional fees and registration apply). View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop evidence-based, primary care strategies for common neurological conditions in the care of their patients, including: Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, neuropathic pain, movement disorders, concussions, seizures, sleep disorders, and more.
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat, and manage common neurodevelopmental and behavioral health conditions seen in primary care, including: depression and anxiety disorders, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, PTSD, substance abuse, and more.
- Educate and counsel patients on behavior modification strategies to reduce risks of complications, and improve outcomes related to their neurological and/or behavioral health.
- Provide effective care coordination when specialist referral is required.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to disease management, including cultural competency, literacy skills and access to services or care.
|Wednesday: 6:30 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday: 1:30 - 5:45 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday: 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Friday: 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday : 7:00 a.m.||Hot Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday : 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Times are subject to change.
- ADHD (Child & Adult)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Dementia & Delirium
- Depression & Suicide
- Fatigue – A Tiresome Topic
- Migraine (Pediatric)
- Parkinson Disease
- Peripheral Nerve Entrapment
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Psychotropic Medications & Pharmacogenetics
- Relaxation on the Run for Doctors & Patients: Stress Reduction for Busy People
- Seizure Disorders (Child & Adult)
- Substance Abuse Identification & Treatment
- Tourette Syndrome
- Wellness Visit Screenings & Team Based Care
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select a session during online registration.
Already registered for the course? You may now edit your registration online to add a optional session. Register now »
(#101) Thursday, November 5, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. or
(#103) Friday, November 6, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Differentiate screening from diagnostic cognitive testing
- Demonstrate use of optimal cognitive evaluation of patients with Alzheimer disease and dementia
- Classify Alzheimer and other dementias based upon cognitive profile and other clinical parameters
Injections for Peripheral Nerve Entrapment
(#102) Thursday, November 5, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. or
(#104) Friday, November 6, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Discuss the diagnostic and therapeutic rationale for the injections being performed.
- Explain the risks and benefits of corticosteroid injections for peripheral nerve entrapment
- Describe appropriate equipment/supplies for performing corticosteroid injections.
- Using models, perform injections for peripheral nerve entrapment
- Demonstrate evidence-based techniques recommended for peripheral nerve entrapment injections.
Registration includes online access to the full-color syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the full-color syllabus may be purchased for $79.95 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area(book.passkey.com)
1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone: (800) 782-4414
$199 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- October 5, 2020
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area, an Official Walt Disney World® Hotel, is located within easy walking distance to Disney Springs™ - a truly amazing place. This eclectic mix of unique boutiques, one-of-a-kind eateries and jaw-dropping entertainment will have you wondering where the day went.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Reservations made after October 5, 2020, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 5 days prior to arrival.
- Waived resort fee
- Complimentary internet access in guest rooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- Complimentary Disney shuttle to theme parks
- Discounted self-parking of $18 per day
This Live activity, Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician, with a beginning date of November 4, 2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 26 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »