Wednesday, October 24 - Saturday, October 27, 2018 | Phoenix, AZ
Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician Live Course
Save $100 when you register by September 22.
Attend Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician
Wednesday, October 24 - Saturday, October 27, 2018
Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH
September 22, 2018.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
Maximize patient care through the delivery of evidence-based guidelines, recommendations, and resources with regard to the evaluation, treatment and management of patients who present with neurological or behavioral health conditions.
Earning CME Credit
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop evidence-based, primary care strategies for common neurological conditions in the care of their patients, including: Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, neuropathic pain, movement disorders, concussions, seizures, sleep disorders, and more.
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat, and manage common behavioral health conditions seen in primary care, including: depression and anxiety disorders, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, eating disorders, PTSD, substance abuse, and more.
- Educate and counsel patients on behavior modification strategies to reduce risks of complications, and improve outcomes related to their neurological and/or behavioral health.
- Provide effective care coordination when specialist referral is required.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to disease management, including cultural competency, literacy skills and access to services or care.
|Wednesday, October 24, 2018|
|Wednesday, October 24, 2018 : Morning||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided; General Sessions|
|Wednesday, October 24, 2018 : Noon||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, October 24, 2018 : Afternoon||General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 25, 2018|
|Thursday, October 25, 2018: Morning||Hot Breakfast Provided; General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 25, 2018: Noon||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, October 25, 2018: Afternoon||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Friday, October 26, 2018|
|Friday, October 26, 2018 : Morning||Hot Breakfast Provided; General Sessions|
|Friday, October 26, 2018 : Noon||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, October 26, 2018 : Afternoon||Clinical Procedural Workshops*|
|Saturday, October 27, 2018|
|Saturday, October 27, 2018 : Morning||Hot Breakfast Provided; General Sessions|
|Saturday, October 27, 2018 : Noon||Course Adjourns|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
Clinical procedural workshop sessions will be available two afternoons during the course. Separate registration and fee required to attend a workshop.Topics and times will be announced when they are confirmed.
Registration includes online access to the syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel(aws.passkey.com)
100 N 1st Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: (800) 309-8138
Rate: $199 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- September 22, 2018
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after September 22, 2018, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
This Live activity, Neurology and Behavioral Heatlh for the Family Physician, with a beginning date of October 24, 2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.5 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »