Wednesday, October 16 - Saturday, October 19, 2019 | San Diego (La Jolla), CA
Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician Live Course
Save $100 when you register by September 17.
Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician offers everything you need to stay current in your practice. Learn the latest information on the skills you use every day.
Attend Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician
Wednesday, October 16- Saturday, October 19, 2019
San Diego (La Jolla), CA
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine
EARLY BIRD Fee
September 17, 2019.
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $845
Student or Resident
Early Bird $645
Early Bird $895
Early Bird $1,195
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop evidence-based, primary care strategies for common neurological conditions in the care of their patients, including: Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, neuropathic pain, movement disorders, concussions, seizures, sleep disorders, and more.
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat, and manage common behavioral health conditions seen in primary care, including: depression and anxiety disorders, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, eating disorders, PTSD, substance abuse, and more.
- Educate and counsel patients on behavior modification strategies to reduce risks of complications, and improve outcomes related to their neurological and/or behavioral health.
- Provide effective care coordination when specialist referral is required.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to disease management, including cultural competency, literacy skills and access to services or care.
|Wednesday, October 16, 2019|
|Wednesday, October 16, 2019 : Morning||Registration/Hot Breakfast Provided; General Sessions|
|Wednesday, October 16, 2019 : Noon||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, October 16, 2019 : Afternoon||General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 17, 2019|
|Thursday, October 17, 2019: Morning||Hot Breakfast Provided; General Sessions|
|Thursday, October 17, 2019: Noon||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, October 17, 2019: Afternoon||Optional Sessions*|
|Friday, October 18, 2019|
|Friday, October 18, 2019 : Morning||Hot Breakfast Provided; General Sessions|
|Friday, October 18, 2019 : Noon||Lunch on Your Own|
|Friday, October 18, 2019 : Afternoon||Optional Sessions*|
|Saturday, October 19, 2019|
|Saturday, October 19, 2019 : Morning||Hot Breakfast Provided; General Sessions|
|Saturday, October 19, 2019 : Noon||Course Adjourns|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
Optional sessions will be available on Thursday and Friday afternoon during the course. Separate registration and fee required to attend a session. Topics and times will be announced when they are confirmed and registrants will be notified. CME credit includes these sessions.
Registration includes online access to the full-color syllabus and other on-site resources one week before the course. A hard copy of the full-color syllabus may be purchased for $79.95 when registering for the course. A limited number of syllabuses will be available for purchase on site. Additional information will be provided by email after you register.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay. Making reservations early is encouraged.
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(www.hyatt.com)
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
Phone: (877) 803-7534
Rate: $200 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- September 17, 2019
Close to the airport for easy in and out, Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine is minutes from the beach and downtown La Jolla.
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after September 17, 2019, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Complimentary wireless internet access in guest rooms
- Complimentary access to fitness center
- 50% discount on parking
This Live activity, Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician, with a beginning date of October 16, 2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »